We stayed at the hotel during the hot season in April, extremely hot, about 37/38 deg C during the daytime, and like a sauna during the night.
We had two rooms, a King with a connecting twin for the kids, aged 7&9. The rooms were furnished distinctly, with and air of quality from every aspect from the coffee/tea/kettles to the desks, coffee tables and beds. Even the drapes felt and moved with quality. Overall the rooms were extremely clean. I have stayed in probably over 300 hotels in past 15 years all over the world, and for a beach resort the hotel and rooms were extremly clean. The rooms were serviced twice a day.
The resort is huge, with well laid out lawns (which are 'really' maintained 24 hours a day), with workers watering everything in sight between 9-5am. i have never seen full time gardners working during the night, a first for me. There were teams of them. The Pool was great, with small slides for the kids, (contrary to other reports, these slides are very small, no tubes or anything, just a 15 ft slide and very wide, connecting one pool to another, though very popular with all the kids, especially mine.
Service on the Pool side - this was excellent, no central shack where you have plead to the towel attendent to make-up a deckchair with towels, Instead you just stand next to the deckchairs, and Voila !! 2-5 mins later he finds you and sets everything up. I have never seen such a service, and we've stayed at 5 stars in Dubai, Maritius, Caribs. From the Shangri-la to the Le Touressok. The pool boys are constantly around to serve snacks and drinks.
The beach is only a 5 minute stroll, extremely clean and well maintained, with hardly any people. There are deckchairs on the beach as well, but didn't see the same level of service as by the pool, and certainly no one offered drinks and snacks. A G&T whilst the sun was setting would have been nice !! One thing of complaint about the beaches in Goa is the dogs, there are dozens of them just wandering about. My wife was followed by a dog whilst she went for a walk - for hundreds of meters, and I've heard similar stories and witnessed this on my regular walks. The authorities have no control on this, and the Shacks probably promote this along the beach with their leftovers. The Sea is too tidal, but great waves, be careful with the kids though, the undercurrents are very strong.
There are 4 restaurants at the resort, with a village square type of setting between them, and you're able to order from any of the restaurant menu's, or, go for a buffet.
The food was fantastic very night, and the service again excellent. They were great with the kids, and the buffet worked out quite well. Approx Rs900 per person, and for the kids Rs600. A big Thanks to the waiter Somnath who looked after us beyond his call fo duty.
The A-la-carte was good as well at the Goan and Indian, but we were dissapointed with the Italian, the calamari was overcooked, the pizza's not upto standard.
Overall , excellent service, 2 kids and 2 adults + bottle of wine = £ 60-80 per night.
The live music was o.k., with different themes everynight, but don't expect indian dancers or loud bangra music, its all rather mellow, quite nice really as we had two noisy kids anyway.!
The Fish restaurante by the beach is expensive, and you can probably get the fish grilled for about half the cost at the beach shack, albeit without the posh atmosphere. I was not impressed with the selection of fish available, and especially the cost. The service was o.k., but nothing compared to the main village square. Its also extremely quiet. Not overall impressed with this a-la-carte, I have had better fish in London, New York etc, much further away from the Oceans.
Overall.....I loved this hotel, its older then the Leelas and the newer builds, but it is extremely well maintained, and the staff extremely friendly and attentive.
Great for kids, they loved the Kids Club, went there everyday.....
Full 5 stars most aspects for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa is an award-winning hotel nestled along the pristine Arossim Beach and 15 minutes from Dabolim Airport. Set within 45 acres of landscaped gardens with glimmering waterways and lagoons, the resort combines elegance with distinctive regional character, perfectly reflecting the vivacious heritage of Goa. With its dramatic architecture, Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa was conceptualised as a charming Indo-Portuguese village housing 250 Pousada-style guestrooms and suites, each offering a surreal spa-inspired bathing experience. Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa showcases a selection of exquisite restaurants and superlative culinary experiences, including a signature fine-dining Goan restaurant, Casa Sarita, the award-winning Sereno Spa, one of the largest swimming pools in India, picturesque function spaces and a Camp Hyatt for younger guests. Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa creates the romance and aura of a luxury boutique hotel while having the amenities and vibrant attractions of a resort. True to the Park Hyatt brand, the resort epitomises understated luxury and gracious service in an intimate sanctuary, offering guests an experience that is distinctively inspiring.Recent accolades include: 2016 World Luxury Spa Awards - Best Destination Spa (#1), asiaSpa India Awards 2015 - Cashew Ritual - Most Luxurious Spa Treatment (#1), Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2015 - Favourite Destination Spa (Runner-up), Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2015 - Favourite Indian Leisure Hotel (Runner-up), asiaSpa India Awards 2014 - Most Luxurious Spa (Resort), Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2014- Favourite Leisure Hotel in India (#1), Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2013 - Favourite Destination Spa (#1, 2012 Favourite Leisure Hotel in India (#1) - Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2012 Favourite Destination Spa (#2) - Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2012 Asia's Leading Resort (#1) - World Travel Awards 2011 Best Resort Spa (#1) - asiaSpa India Awards ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Prestigia, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Goa Hotel Cansaulim
- Hyatt Cansaulim
- Cansaulim Hyatt
- Park Hyatt Goa Resort And Spa India