“Excellent - a luxury location!”

Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent - a luxury location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Splendid hotel with excellent facilities! The rooms are nicely decorated - and the generous bathroom with the outdoor shower was pure luxury. The pool is extraordinary and the park in front of the hotel very well kept. I really liked the yoga classes in the beautiful spa area. The only little thing that could be even better: Rooms service always came quite late during the day. But in sum: Excellent!

1 Thank NNJAA67
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear NNJAA67,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at our resort and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your great comments about various aspects of our resort particularly our unique spa inspired bathrooms. Yes, we do pride ourselves on housing one of the largest swimming pools India. Sorry for the lapse in room service, I have shared your feedback with the concerned department for improvement. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on event calendars, exclusive offers, destination tips and more.

Thomas Abraham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I emailed the hotel personally on our return to England and thanked them for making our holiday so enjoyable.
However I thought I should also comment here.
We arrived at the Park Hyatt after an 8 day tour of the Golden Triangle where we stayed in some amazing hotels (including the Oberoi at Dehli and the Oberoi in Agra-truly 5* hotels) We have also been lucky enough to stay in some top 5 * hotels around the world over the last few years including Thailand, Maldives, Mauritius and Dubai.
We arrived at the hotel at what was a very busy time of the day as a wedding party was leaving However we taken to our room after a cool drink.
On the first day we encountered a couple of minor problems which can happen anywhere irrespective of the hotel but it is how they are dealt with. As soon as it was brought to the hotel's attention they were dealt with immediately. We have to thank Samita and Arjun for their superb guest relations attitude where nothing was too much trouble. From then on you just could not fault this 5 * hotel.
I have at this point to say a special thank you to Samita for all her care she gaves us during our stay. She will remember my wife was not well for several days with a virus but she made sure she was kept informed of how she was, even on her day off. She is a credit to the hotel and we looked forward to seeing her smiling face each day and feel we have now a special friend for life.
I have also to say thank you to the staff at the resturants especially Sanjay, Ash and Barvinder who were again excellent. They even arranged a special diet for my wife. Again we were always met with a smile and again nothing was too much trouble for them.
The hotel is in a superb position and with the lovely weather and brilliant staff from the ladies that did the gardening to the managers.
All I can say from someone who really likes the nice things in life is forget any negative comments you read this is truly a 5* hotel with 6* staff and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel..
Thank you once again for making it a very memorable holday and I hope we can return one day
Simon & Georgina Lewer

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SimonEngland,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with us and your fellow travellers. We are delighted to know you had a memorable holiday at our resort and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. At the onset, sorry for the initial inconvenience you experienced, I am happy to know my colleagues could assist you and rectify the same. Thank you for your great comments about various features of our resort. I am particularly proud to read your kind comments about my associates. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and your positive comments are reflective of that. Feedback from guests such as you is a huge motivation to my team and me. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This hotel is probably the best hotelwe have stayed as a family. Overall experience was great. Kids loved it and the pool and beach was terrrific. Camp Hyatt was very good and entertained the kids through the day.
The service was excellent.

2 Thank Varthur_Lake
Dear Varthur_Lake,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to know you consider our resort to be the best and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your great comments about our resort, particularly Camp Hyatt our unique young guests programme. We take pride in being a great holiday destination for the entire family and therefore it is encouraging to read such positive comments from guests such as yourself. We hope you and your family will visit again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Let me start off by first saying do not believe any of the bad reviews regarding this hotel. This hotel is probably the best hotel i've stayed in, in my 30 years of travelling and i've travelled to Dubai, Vegas, Mexico and alot more.

The service is excellent and nothing is to much of an hassle. As we were checked in by our hotel rep Sveeta i was fully advised of all relevant information i needed and her knowledge base was excellent.

I had been liaising with then hotel approx a month prior to arriving via email to make certain requests as we arrived late on the evening with 8 adults and 2 young children i obviously needed food prepared for our arrival which as promised was ready upon our arrival. I had made a pre-booking at the Palms Open Air beach restaurant for our second night evening meal which was exceptional as Sveeta had organised for a complimentary cake to be sent over and flowers an cookies to be delivered to our room for my 8 year old daughter with a hand written birthday card which my daughter appreciated.

The hotel pool is by far the best thing about the pool without the morning rush of getting to the sun loungers as there are hundreds as the pool is probably the largest of any hotel in India. In a nutshell the hotel makes you feel like kings and queens and for this privilege there is always a certain cost which is the hotel food and drink prices and to be honest approx £3 a beer and food is as expensive as going out in Central Birmingham or London. So not really a problem.

If however you are on a budget you can always catch a cab from the hotel to the market area and eat at a beach shack, but be mindful and don't complain if you get an upset stomach. The market is place is approx 700 rupees for the return journey.

The beach was beautiful but extremely hot, so try the cabana for a the day at 6000 rupees approx £60.

My family enjoyed our entire stay and we have no complaints at all and will definitely come back to this hotel.

We also were given a free upgrade to poolside rooms for all 3 rooms with outdoor showers, excellent.

Room Tip: Block , Poolside view with Outdoor Shower. Rooms 315 or 316
1 Thank Kam J
Dear Kam J,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with your fellow travellers. We are delighted to know you consider our resort to be the best and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your kind comments about our resort particularly our swimming pool. I am particularly proud to read your kind comments about my associates. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and your positive comments are reflective of that. Feedback from guests such as you is a huge motivation to my team and me. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Wellington tamil nadu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

The resort is good, albeit a few hitches. 1. The outdoor shower in the room could be more private..2. The indoor bath drain got blocked. Overall a good hotel. Ask for a pool facing room. They are good.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank ArjunSH
Dear ArjunSH,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. At the onset, I am disappointed to know that you faced an unpleasant experience during your otherwise pleasant stay with us. This is definitely not the standard of service we aim at providing. Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns with us, I have shared the same with my teams for further improvement. Thank you for your kind comments about our resort. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

From research we did for Goa, found that this was one of the most highly rated hotels and ,I guess, so it proved.
9hr flight from Gatwick.
20min taxi transfer from airport.
24hr security at gates.
Went with wife for 7 nights whilst teenage boys were on school trips in Europe.
Mixture of age groups-eg many kids with grandparents.

Had upgrade to room with king size bed- worth asking for
Obviously air-conditioned- temp about 35deg throughout week
Sunken spacious bath with overhead shower.
Toilet had 'bum shower' as well as loo paper-more hygienic to use

Wi-Fii throughout hotel apart from beach, so don't need to invest in 3G card for iPad or turn (expensive)cellular data on for iPhone- rem to put data roaming off

Main contention with all guests was different interpretations of 'half-board' given to them by their travel agent and then hotel
Hotel doesn't do ' all-inclusive'
Clarify this on arrival with your rep who should talk to Sudipto , the food outlet manager
We understood from rep here we could eat free in all restaurants as part of half-board, but in hotel told only meant buffet food- would have to pay extra for Italian,Indian and Goan restaurants.
When we kicked up stink about this, they agreed for all restaurants, apart from sea beach one, to be part of half-board.
As I said, clear up this matter on arrival with your rep, if you have one, but if not, with Sudipto

No problem to get sun-lounger in general
Had policy to remove towels from loungers unused longer than 45mins
Staff happy to take orders for drinks and food from loungers.
Upstairs bar was showing live IPL and Premier league matches

Went on trips to Old Goa for shopping, sight-seeing, churches etc. and locally for souvenirs- ask your rep- ours was Amar-for details on these

We had reasonably priced 90min Swedish massages.

Special thanks to Sudipto for looking after my wife who developed some diarrhoea.
Made a few friends which we will pursue in the UK

Overall, had an enjoyable time and would recommend anybody stay there if funds allow.

Room Tip: Ask for king size bed We were in room 529
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Sanjay190672,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to know we were able to meet your expectations and deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves. At the onset, sorry for the initial inconvenience you faced with regards to your meal plans. I am happy to know my colleague could assist you and rectify the same. We do offer a ‘Timeless Moments’ package which is an all-inclusive meal plan. Thank you for your great comments about various features of our resort. We do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to delight you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Just wanted to thank Samita Sethi, Kiran Purtageri, Chirag Naik and Jethin Chirakkal for making our stay a memorable one. Excellent customer service and a big thank to all the guys at the Aquamarine bar.

Room Tip: Pool view or Sea view
Dear EssexCustomer2012,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to know you had a memorable stay at our resort and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. I am particularly proud to read your kind comments about my associates. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and your positive comments are reflective of that. Feedback from guests such as you is a huge motivation to my team and me. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Thomas Abraham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cansaulim
Taj Exotica Goa
Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#6 of 64 in Candolim

Been to Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!