Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa
Alila Diwa Goa(Salcette)
$153
$130
3,577 results
All reviewssunken bathprivate beachvillage squarecasa saritarain showerwater bodiesgoa resortbeautiful propertypalms restaurantswimming poolmasalaarossim beachtaj exoticaindian restaurantgames roomgoan foodclean beach
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We are currently on day 3 of a 5 day stay. I had read the tripadvisor boards prior to booking the Park Hyatt, and was a tiny bit worried by the tenor of some (a very small number) of the whiny and complaining reviews. Let me tell you, there is very very little truth to the small number of bad reviews. This place is the finest property we've stayed at in Goa, and we've previously stayed at the Leela and the Taj Exotica. The Park Hyatt outshines them by a fair amount.

POSITIVES
1. Service is impeccable. This is the best service we've seen at an Indian resort, hands down. Each of the staff, from check-in to food service to housekeeping were very eager to help us with whatever we needed. The check-in was the most painless checkin experience we've had. We had three rooms on on res and the whole thing was as smooth as possible. We were asked to be seated while the front desk staff came over to us to sort through various check-in items. Housekeeping does an amazing job. Food staff was mostly very good and helpful, though some were not as efficient.
2. Absolutely stunning property/grounds. The huge grounds are magnificently maintained. The grounds are lush and beautiful. The place has a calming effect the very moment you arrive.
3. Beach is among the best in Goa. If you are going to Goa for blue/green clear water, then you will be disappointed. But the water on Arossim Beach is calm, clean and very lovely for taking a swim. Compared to other Goa beaches (some of which I would not even step one foot into), Arossim is a winner. Very few people since the Hyatt is really the only property in the area.
4. Breakfast is fantastic and not to be missed. Excellent quality and variety of food. Load up (especially if your rate includes breakfast, which I think mostly all do) and eat a light lunch somewhere before heading to dinner in the city or at one of the beach shacks.

NEGATIVES
1. Property layout can be confusing at first, but you get used to it after a day or so. The grounds are HUGE, so be prepared for a 10-12 minute walk to the beach if you're in one of the rooms closer to the main lobby. BUT, I think people complaining about the size/walkability of this property are off base. Every property in Goa must be 300 meters off the beach, so every one has long walks to reach the sea (including the Taj & Leela). Rarely is the walk quite as lovely as it is at the Hyatt. But they could do a better job of posting signs and directions.
2. Food is overpriced and over taxed. I've seen the GM comment here that the prices are equal to other five star properties, which may well be true. But I'd avoid eating at the property aside from breakfast. We went for dinner to Masala one night, which was their Indian theme restaurant. The food was good, but the final bill was Rs 6600, of which 33% (literally -- over Rs 2000) was in various taxes. Understandable that not much that the property can do about this and food service tends to be a loss leader for most resorts in terms of profit, but I would advice you eat at the beach shacks or at one of the many restaurants nearby. Everything is 1/5th or 1/8th of the price on the beach.
3. Taxi prices are obscene. Part of the issue is the Goa taxi drivers' union does a good job of keeping prices absurdly high, but the Hotel does take a cut of the fare if you ask for a taxi at the lobby. So by walking outside the gate, you will reduce your price by 25-35% with some good negotiating. Even outside the gate, it's quite expensive and they'll tell you that the prices are standardized, but if you have some skill in negotiation you'll be able to work out a price that isn't too terrible.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the sea view rooms as the added cost is not worth what you get. Every hotel in Goa (except maybe the Grand Hyatt -- which is on a "river" and not a beach) is 300 meters from the sea, hence none really can offer a true sea view that's worthwhile. The Exotica beach tents maybe the exception here, but if staying at the Park Hyatt, stick with Lagoon views or the other lower price options.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Aristotlenova
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Hgadhia,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your detailed and valuable feedback! I am elated to know you consider our resort as one of the finest properties you have stayed at in Goa. I am especially happy to know that we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards that we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your positive comments about our resort in particular the pristine Arossim beach. I would like to inform you there are signages at various spots in the resort to enable guest with an easier access to different locations. We do hope you visit again and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on event calendars, exclusive offers, destination tips and more.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at the Park Hyatt for 3 days at the end of December. The hotel is located in the South of Goa, about 20 minutes from the airport. The rooms are great - a very decent size - the bathrooms are huge! The grounds of the hotel are lovely - spacious and maintained very well. The pool (India's biggest - it has 3 levels) is good for relaxing at, although at times the kids can get a little rowdy and tend to use all three pools. The restaurants at the hotel are expensive by India standards (especially after adding all the additional taxes), and there are not many other options for eating. There are a couple of shacks on the beach - I tried one and the food was good, and cheap - this is an option if you don't want to eat in the hotel. However I did enjoy the food at all of the hotel restaurants during my stay. The gym is good - has a good range of equipment which is looked after. Unfortunately I didn't get to the spa as it was booked out, but there are a range of services offered. The best part about this hotel, by far, are the lovely staff. They are friendly and extremely attentive, willing to help with anything and going out of their way to make guests feel special. The beach is nice and clean and there are chairs available for hotel guests.
If you want a relaxing few days in a beautiful, quiet location, where you can relax by the beach and pool, be pampered and enjoy the range of luxury services, then make sure you stay at the Park Hyatt!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear EKAUS,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our resort with fellow travellers. I am delighted to know we were able to deliver to you the exceptional service standards we pride ourselves on. It our constant endeavour to provide authentic hospitality to our guests and your positive comments are reflective of just that. I am especially proud to read your kind comments about my colleagues. However, with regards to the food pricing at the resort, it is on par with that of other five star hotels in Goa. You must definitely visit again soon and experience our award-winning Sereno Spa. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed for two nights and were blown away. The grounds are massive and beautiful. Very well maintained. The pools were a delight and we had fun on the small slides that connected the pools. Food was not bad at all - there was a good spread at breakfast and the italian restaurant at lunch did not disappoint.

My wife and I had a couples spa treatment and it was one of the best spa experiences we ever had. The masseuses were very highly skilled and the environment just perfect. It was a real treat to sip a fresh juice while relaxing in the private plunge pool between treatments.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Underock,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am delighted to know you that you had a great stay with us and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. I am happy to read your positive comments about your experience at our award-winning Sereno Spa. Comments from guest such as you are a huge motivation to my team and me. We do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to delight you.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've been to this resort twice now, in Oct 2012 & Dec 2012. The most recent trip was with the family and was one of the most memorable trips I've made, thanks mainly to the location and the staff that run the resort. Having spent holidays in quite a few resorts in Goa, I can safely say that the Park Hyatt has the best staff you will find. They are courteous and almost intuitive to your needs. The property is fantastic and the rooms are super comfortable. I was worried about traveling with 2 kids (first time!) but it all worked out well. I have special mentions for Ms. Prachi at the front office, Ms. Ritwika at the Village Cafe & Mr. Santosh, the guard who looked out for us at the hotel's beach. Speaking of the beach; the beach by the hotel is really clean and well looked after.

I highly recommend the Park Hyatt Goa.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms in the "200" area because they're further away from the pools and closer to the beach. These rooms face a Lotus pond
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Kyan9,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us yet again! We take great pride in being a holiday destination for the entire family and I am happy to know you and your family had a memorable stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our resort. I am especially proud to read your great comments about my colleagues and will definitely share the same with the team. We do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to delight you.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We arrived late night with 2 children, in advance we booked roller bed and a crib but we didn't find them in our room. We asked for the bed for our older daughter and were lucky to get one but our friend who arrived 10 min later didn't get one.
The hotel landscape are amazing. There are lots of different plants. Overall very cozy hotel!
Probably the best spa i ever been to!
Food in the hotel is average, waiters are always very busy, difficult to be relaxed. Fresh juices were mixed with water and always had to ask not to add water, and the variety is very poor. Palms restaurant is expensive and not worth it.
Room cleaning is average, carpet was not cleaned during the whole stay, when we asked why, said that hoover is out of order.
Children club is just superb, best program ever.
The whole holiday was spoiled because of the beach chairs, there are simply not enought, we had to wake up 7 am to book one, very disappointing. But the beach itself is very good.
Very good swimming pool area.
One day wanted to go with the hotel bicycles, but they are in very poor condition, so did not really enjoyed it.
Internet is expensive and impossible to get free access even in lobby.
It is also was pity that hotel didn't give us the pottery our children made.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the laguna are noisy because of waterfall Kids club and children pool, spa, sport club are near block no 2
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family