“Total leisure” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
Pune
“Total leisure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

It was my Business trip in July- With rain welcoming us to goa. Great Property. Swimming pool largest in size- Well mintained and wow.

Rooms are well planned and typically planned for leisure. Different experiance of beach resort. As it was rainy, coundn't able to enjoy in Beach. But nice beach- Don't miss to have morning & evening walk on the beach with your partner.

Try to have rooms closer to Lobby- for many rooms you have to walk 500 mts from lobby

The Best property in Cansaulim beach

Wide choice in Breakfast. Customer service/ Room service need improvement

Room Tip: Rooms close to Pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mercbe2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Haleiwa, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Goa for 5 nights. The stay was very pleasant and relaxing.
The resort is a little far from everything in Goa, but very quiet and in a beautiful setting.
I had a suite. It was spacious, had a nice outside lanai, a spacious living room with a desk to work, a spacious bedroom with a comfortable bed, a super nice bathroom and two toilets.
I had two big screen HD TV's, and a selection of 60 international cable channels.
Wireless internet was available anywhere and worked well.

My suite had an expresso maker, what I loved.
The property was a little older but ver well maintained.
Service was not less than absolute excellent, and the staff did more than what could have been expected.
The resort had 3 restaurant. I tried them all, and specifically liked the authentic Goa restaurant.
Breakfast was good, but not excellent.
The pool was huge, very clean and it was enjoyable to swim every day. Unfortunately the jacuzzi was under construction.
I traveled during the rainy season. Perhaps this was the reason no mattresses were given when using the pool chairs. I had to lay down on wood. It was not ver comfortable to do, but since the weather wasn't that great - it did not really matter.
The gym was average, I would have loved a little more.
The hotel arranged a day tour. I was very pleased with the driver and the concierge booking this for me.
The hotel arranged complimentary Mercedes airport transportation, what was great.
I would return to the resort anytime.

Room Tip: My suite was a little far from the pool and the gym. I think getting closer to the main building, ma...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank eTurboNews
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I guess a good rating is warranted when you get a room upgrade upon checking in at the hotel. Park Hyatt Goa is a self contained property that has keep you occupied for a good 3-4 days without feeling the need to step outside of it and look for life in a Goan town. The property is even more prettier in the monsoon - its lush greenery accentuated by a windy beach, a noisy sea and a sense a space as the crowd thins in this off season. The resort has the largest swimming pool I have seen and its a joy to use. There are multiple eating option, though slightly on the pricey side. The 24 hour Cafe though is a quite useful and the variety on offer both in breakfast and other courses is quite delightful.

With a clean beach, airport drops, games room, competent service and comfortable rooms, this resort is a sure winner.

Room Tip: A room on the south side is close to the beach and the swimming pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Park Hyatt Goa is a very good resort. It is difficult to dislike any of the facilities, the beach, the rooms, food or the restaurants. Like any other large resort it is a bit far away from the closest big town. However you dont miss the town as the resort can keep one occupied for 4-5 days easily. It has one of the largest pools you will ever come across any of the resorts. The pool is great for kids as it has a water slide attached, a jacuzzi next to it at a higher level and the pool side bar serving food and drinks at the pool side.
The beach is a bit of a walk but then its pleasant. During our last visit my sister was also with us and she could not walk much due to her knee problem. So almost each time (barring a couple of times) we managed to use the golf carts in the resort to drop and pick her up from the beach. So that was convenient. Its the same for the restaurants and most other facilities. Since the resort is quite spread across a large land area, it can be a challenge to walk from one point to the other if you arent very fit and not ready to walk a kilometer or two each day.
The restaurant area is fabulous. Food is very good and so is the service and the staff. Very courteous, helpful and knowledgeable wherever they could be.
During our last stay at this resort (we have stayed here a couple of times), I experienced a few unpleasant incidents. First was when the full length glass window in the shower area overlooking a small inside garden shatterred on its own. Fortunately nobody was in the shower though our 8 year old daughter was at the other end of the bathroom area not too far from where the glass shattered. This happened at approximately 7am and my wife and I were still in bed. The noise of the glass breaking was not less than any bomb blast and it could have been equally unsafe if someone was using the shower. However these things can happen. After all a glass is a glass. We called housekeeping and asked them to come to check it plus ask one of the managers to call us. When we didnt hear back after 5 minutes we called again at the reception. After another 10 minutes I lost my call and asked for the manager. This time I really screamed though felt bad about it later. But then I felt they should have reacted faster. Finally the manager came and she was a nice lade who moved our room so it was all sorted.
The second issue took place when we were checking out. When we were boarding the hotel bus for the airport, we were told they had misplaced one of our bags. So we had a few minutes of panic after which we decided to leave with the bag behind and the promise of the hotel staff to find the bag and send it to our home addess. They managed to find the bag while we were on our way to the airport and someone called me to inform. We got the bag at the airport so it all ended fine. However a few moments of high anxiety at the end was not the best way to end the trip. I felt the issues were mostly during the part of our stay when they were fully occupied and were clearly struggling with areas like bringing bags from the room, having enough golf carts to ferry people within the resort etc.
Breakfast is outstanding with amount of variety they offer. A bit of queue at the eggs counter but I have seen the same across most large hotels globally. A meal at the beach side grill place is also worth mentioning. The ambience is great and so is the grilled meat which you can pick from the counter.
The kids club is very nice too. It kept our kids occupied most of the time.
Overall it continuues to be a very nice resort and we dont mind going there a 3rd time but to be honest after the last time, I dont mind trying another resort too.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the pool and on the upper floor if you would like a nice view of the pool etc...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Neeraj K
Chandigarh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Yes, that's a provocative title - but once you stay at the Park Hyatt Goa, you know you're going to find other resorts come up a little short on your expectations whenever wherever you go. Having travelled across the globe, this 26-acre property must be one of the finest resorts out there... and then there's Goa - the resort gets you in the holiday mood the minute you enter, and keeps you in that mood throughout your stay (ours was for 7 days). Given that I am a workaholic on vacation, the resort successfully ensured I got good at doing nothing. The choice of food at the Village Square was sooo great - and some of the best Italian, Indian and Chinese - Highly recommended if you want to soothe those jarred nerves and want a nice, relaxing, luxurious stay...

Room Tip: Don't forget to use their Moksha Spa - it's one of the finest in Asia, and I can recommend i...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harjeet S
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is an excellent hotel 5* hotel. Having travel to many countries in the world this hotel must be in my top 6 hotels that I've stayed in. From the first minute you arrive the staff are always wanting to please and make your stay enjoyable and memorable. They will always speak to you when passing you anywhere in the hotel. The rooms are large and bright and kept very clean with your room attendant coming at least twice a day. They are well equipped, sky T,V fridge/mini bar and saftey box.There are two showers one in the bathroom and one on the back terrace. The bathroom towels are replaced twice a day. Some rooms come with a garden view which overlook made lakes that circle the different blocks of rooms or some have a sea view room. We had a lower room with a patio that had lounge chairs which enable us to overlook the lakes and wild life that came to the lakes.
The restaurants serve excellent food and there is plenty of choice which is served by very attentive waiter service, although at breakfast you can use the buffet style and serve yourself. The swimming pools are very large and there are many, which join with connecting waterways and waterfalls. They are kept very clean and are safe for all ages There are also jucuzzi's. There are many sunbeds and umbrella's and towels are supplied. The large gardens that surround the hotel and lead to the excellent beach are a credit to those that attend them . Its a must to walk around them and apreciate their beauty along with the butterfly garden and banana plantation. The sandy beach is kept very clean and has a sercurity guard there to keep away any hawkers. There are plenty of sunbeds and umbrella's with a couple of good snack bars for food and drink.
The only very small negative was the amount of taxes that are added to your final bill at the end of your stay, which was going to increased by their goverment while I was there.

I thoughly enjoyed my 5 night stay, And I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and regret that I did not stay longer!!

Many thanks to all at the Park Hyatt, I hope I will meet you all again

Room Tip: many Taxis outside that will do you an excellent sight seeing trip
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ciderboy
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We spent our wedding anniversary at this resort a year back. Although Taj is our usual choice, we decided to explore the Hyatt property after seeing the reviews and the pictures. The property is easily accessible from the airport and the main bus stands. On arriving, we were greeted with a smile and special care by a well-groomed Hyatt staff member. The lobby and the reception area are really beautifull with a pleasant vanilla flavoured scent lingering in the air (this is consistent in the room, loos and restaurants). We found out that the property was booked out for the weekend due to a huge wedding party coinciding with our stay- this made us a bit apprehensive as there were lots of people and a fair bit of clamor in the reception and adjoining area. Our apprhensions were put to rest when we were ferried to the end of the resort on a golf cart to our beach facing villa. The room was huge and magnificent with wooden flooring, the bed was soft and bouncy and the bathroom was huge with a walkin tub etched out of the floor. The room opened into a balcony which faced the beach- as we were on the ground floor, our view of the beach was not that great as it would have been from the first floor (I would recomend this to potential visitors). After settling down, unpacking and a refreshing shower, we headed out for lunch. The resort has 3-4 different restaurants offering different cusines. Over the next 2 days, we tried most of the cusisines- the food was overall really nice, tasty and well cooked- however, I must add that I felt the pricing was a bit over the top. The breakfast buffet spread is really big with an indian and continental spread. The cocktails that we ordered over the next 2 days were made well and it was really refreshing to relax by the pool side with a drink in hand. The property has a private beach which is the best white sand beach that I have seen so far. Its just a very very long stretch of calm and peaceful beach facing the arabian sea with hardly anyone except the life guard. Taking a stroll on this beach in the morning with your partner is one of the most relaxing thing to do. Add a beer to that you have attained temporary nirvana!!
On our anniversary night, Hyatt complimented us with a rose petal bath adorning our shower with rose petals and a beautifull chocolate cake. On special request and at an added price, we were also served dinner in our room (we opted this to to have some quite time away from the marriage party) with a private butler on stand-by. Overall, we had a beautifull stay in Hyatt with the pristine beach, the meandering swimming pool, good food and a relaxed stay in our beach facing villa. The only dissapointment was the marriage function and the associated crowd in the resort which was a stroke of bad luck and bad timing coming together..

Room Tip: beach facing upper storey
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vipivk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cansaulim
Taj Exotica Goa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,028 reviews
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#8 of 64 in Candolim

Been to Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!