All reviews pankaj sharma budget hotel north goa aloo paratha baga beach hotel is located place to stay electric kettle hustle bustle walking distance hospitality beaches span advance rates kms bike
Reviewed December 2, 2017

I stayed in Apple House with my wife for 6 nights from 19 to 25 November 2017. I chose it after reading many positive reviews here and elsewhere, and I must say it entirely lived up to my expectations. From beginning to end we had a wonderful experience here. First of all the manager, Mr Pankaj Sharma,was unfailingly friendly, helpful and informative. When we arrived, he took the trouble to come to Calangute in person to collect us from the airport shuttle bus and bring us back to the hotel and his kindness and helpfulness continued throughout our stay. He recommended the best places to visit, and arranged a rental car for us for much less than what the local people were asking. In short, he really helped to make our visit enjoyable. The hotel itself is a modern building in a quiet and peaceful location, surrounded by shady coconut groves and old colonial houses about 200 metres from the Arpora market and the main road. It is not a five star hotel, so don't expect five star facilities, but it is a clean and homely guest house with pleasant and polite staff and well-appointed and comfortable rooms with constant piping hot water in the bathroom, and AC, TV, fridge, electric kettle and clothes rack. Ideally if you are staying here you would need your own transport (bike or car) to get around. Also it is mentioned in at least one booking site that the hotel has its own airport shuttle service but this is not true. To come from the airport (40 km) you must either take a taxi (expensive at Rs 1400 but OK if five people share) or -if you are lucky - catch the sporadic shuttle bus to Calangute for Rs 150 (there is one at 1 pm if your flight happens to arrive around that time). Breakfast was included in our room price. Again, you will not get a five star buffet, but a homely meal of aloo paratha or bread omelette with tea. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, peaceful, friendly and reasonably priced place to stay then I would say Apple House is hard to beat.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Apple House is a budget hotel unlike any other budget hotels in North Goa.
Nestled away from the usual hustle bustle of the tourist spots in North Goa, it is located at Arpora ( close to Baga beach and Anjuna beach).
The best qualities of this place is, its amenities, hospitality and warmth that is well exuded by the owner himself Mr. Pankaj Sharma and his well trained staff members.
He will extend his personalised itinerary to the tourists and the guests, visiting the place for the first time, and that too for free. Also, helps around connecting the right people for getting cars or bikes on rent.
Staff members are equally friendly and helpful, with receiving everyone with a smile.
Spick and span, and quite orderly.
Food is really good, like the way, one would want as home like, only at the comfort of a vacation.
Highly recommend this hotel to everyone.
Thank you!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

I again visited this proeprty due to previous very nice experience of this hotel and specially for pankaj sharma who have well maintained his property as well as his staff also. We again found another good cook GAUTAM who made very delicious food for us. Last time I had stated that I will start my journey from this hotel which was already done and now again my october 2018's journey will be again started from same place. Very very thanks again to PANKAJ SHARMA.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017

our 1st Goa trip. We booked 2 rooms in advance & after reaching thivim railway station i called Mr. Pankaj Sharma (owner of apple house). he guided well to reach hotel & after reaching hotel staff welcomed us in well manner. rooms were clean & tidy. everything was fine. breakfast was also upto the mark. 100 out of 100 for Mr. pankaj sharma. he has in depth knowledge about goa & people`s roaming taste. he made our trip hassle free & memorable. thank you so much.
Restaurants, bars, super stores are nearby walking distance.
baga beach, calangute beach & other beaches are so near (few kms only).

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Hi, I am Amit Agrawal and this is my first trip to goa. I wud credit Apple house for creating memorable experince for us, through their warmth and awesome reception facilitated to us. Special gratitude to owner Pankaji for finalising our itinerary, as well as extending excellent vehicle for us for whole three dayz. His knowledge about Goa is impeccable and, he shares all the information with the guests. I would recommend this hotel as 'home away from home'.

Thanks Apple House.

Regards
Dr Amit Agrawal,
Assistant Professor
Symbiosis institute of management studies, Pune

Date of stay: June 2017