“Tucked away”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

This lovely garden restaurant is just tucked away between Arpora village and the lane that leads to Marinha Dourada road. Although it’s well advertised a lot of people miss it. It is run by a husband and wife team,husband does all the cooking himself so prepare to wait as all the food is cooked to order lovely and fresh, the wife does the meet and greet and explains all the local and international dishes on the menu. It’s worth just popping in for an early to drink to have a look around the excellent garden. All in all a nice relaxing experience with great food to boot.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank dalethered

Reviewed April 22, 2018

David, Pinki and their staff ensure that you get the most out of every visit to this superb place.
The layout of the gardens is lovely and it really is the best dining experience. My wife likes to eat veg curries and she described to Pinki how she likes them. They made her her own veg curry, she had it most times we visited and says it is the best she has ever had.
If you like authentic Indian and Goan cuisine, this is the place to come. The food at the Kukuruku is sublime.
The Pork Sorbotel is fantastic, and for those who find Goan food a bit on the hot side, David will cook it as close to your taste as he can without compromising the overall recipe.
The Indian curries are just as good; the Adraki Murg is beautifully flavoured as are the Chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken or Prawn Biryani
The highlight for me though is the Chicken Masala. It is without doubt the best curry I have ever had anywhere.
We just love this place and if someone has never been here, or has walked past it and wondered, do yourself a favour and walk in. If you appreciate good ambience accompanied by great food, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank m_webster275
Reviewed April 21, 2018

I was just staying just nearby to Kukuruku at Jade gardens, being a veggie I didn't gave much attention to it earlier. But one night we were tired so we thought to had a try at Kukuruku, but to our surprise we find the veg, stuff out there quiet delicious. Next morning also tried fresh fruit juice that was also excellent.

2  Thank Viny83
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

This has to be the best food I have tasted this holiday. We had walked passed this restaurant for the past four days and not thought about going there. Thinking that as it was down a little side road and even commenting that we wouldn’t bother going down there as it was off the beaten track. The chicken on the front of their poster is a little off putting too I must admit. Then after reading the reviews on this place we decided to go as didn’t want to miss a good thing. Well!! I can’t believe that this place is not packed out every night. The food was absolutely delicious. The lady kindly explained pretty much every thing on the menu for me. Once she told me about one of the specials, aubergine and spinach, then I was sold. The flavours were truly amazing. Someone commented on a review to say that it took 40 minutes for their order to arrive! Well yes it did take a little time to arrive but that is because it is all being cooked from scratch. And well worth waiting for. Don’t make my mistake and walk on by for four days. You wont be disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank 178traceyc
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Just the most special place to take a special person with you. Wonderful Goan cuisine. Very relaxing. Beautiful garden to be enjoyed with a G@T or wine. Must visit if I'm area for a weak or so.