“overpriced rip-off in Goa”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Arpora
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Basically this is a 3-star hotel charging 10,000 rupees a night. It is inferior to all the hotels I stayed in Goa on many fronts

- reception staff are not helpful
- the rooms are not 5-star
- swimming pool is not inviting
- location is in the middle of nowhere
- food is average
- internet is a joke and unreliable
- the gym is too small
- business centre equipment is unreliable

Room Tip: Go to another hotel - Rio Resort is not too far
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank fagladious
DoubleTree_Goa, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear fagladious,
Greetings form Doubletree by Hilton, Goa.
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time our to express your opinion to us.
We have taken serious cognizance of your comments and pointers as enumerated by you.
I would like to state that me & my team will and is, taking all the necessary measures to make sure that we go many notches above on all aspects as mentioned by you, which are under our control so that we can make the stay of all our guests pleasant.
I once request if you could give us another opportunity to display that we have taken note of your comments seriously and will be an imporved lot upon your next visit at our property.
I would like to share my email id as below so that you can give us one more chance to showcase our product and services and make your stay worhwhile.
Thanks again & Warm Regards,
rohit.bajpai@hilton.com

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went to this hotel with wife for a weekend travel. having been to the doubletree hotels in the US, it was not a disappointment . . . They have maintained their brand and the class. I got a suite and the interiors was superb. Not to forget the "cookie" .... the doubletree signature ... Overall, an amazing stay. I liked it !!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ift9102
DoubleTree_Goa, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear ift9102,
Greetings.
I do thank you for taking time out to write a review for our hotel.
It is heartwarming to know that our hotel product and service met your expectations.
Hope to see you soon in our hotel.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My first stay at a Double tree. This hotel is in a transition period being recently acquied by Hilton.Guests should pay heed to this.

The rooms are good and very clean..with an excellent lighting console.....the toilet is a wee bit small....All rooms have a balcony facing either the swimming pool or the lagoon. I guess that i would have preferred a lagoon view.....loved seeing the rain drizzle over the lagoon as well as observed the tide movements over the lagoon waters (from the dining).Cooling is excellent.I was surprised almost every morn by the intricate towel art in the room! The whole structure feels nice and open and airy with the sun shining through as you walk the verandas or corridors. I felt very secure here..cos even when i was walkin around late night....the security was around and about, alert but gentle.

Swimming pool is clean and well maintaned.There is a salon and fitness centre whch I didnt avail of.
The staff is excellent, warm and so obliging...HH members may not find here the regular infrastructure but be patient..ask ...and you shall receive!!!just as I did!
Had all my meals at the hotel in Flame restaurant. Though the menu is minimal....approach the F&B manager or Executive chef or CDB...and you could have almost whatever you desire!!! The continental food was excellent, to say the least...topped with smiling, caring stewards....I felt very pampered and cared for!!!!... luxury in these days! Fresh juice is good and the chocolate muffin IRRESISTIBLE!!
It was a noteworthy gesture on the part of Gm to come around and greet...a quality indeed very rare.....and that I guess is an example for the staff to be so hospitable.....from reservations and front office to kitchen.

This resort will be a great place to stay during the season with Goa's satuday night market..just opp the hotel..so is Go-Karting and water world.with all the frolic around but intense security on the premises.

The whole place and environmet is so peaceful, serene and a great place to unwind from the hustle and bustle of life yet the happening places are easily reachable by the complimentary shuttle.
Highly recommend this property and I will definitely use this as my unwind spot.

Room Tip: Lagoon view for thinkers and romantics
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank holidaymaniacGoa

Dear holidaymaniacGoa,
Greetings from Doubletree by Hilton, Goa!
I apologise for the delayed response and would like to thank you for chosing to stay at our property.
Me & my team thank you for your encouragement to us and we are totally committed to providing our best services to our valued guests' like yourself.
We hope you will give us another chance to serve you upon your next visit to our hotel.
Thanks & Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2012

'We saw the new Doubletree by Hilton sign on our way to Vagator last week.
Steeped in for some food and we realised it is the old and boring Riviera de Goa in a new 'Avatar'.
Lobby looked good with new plants and a waterfall!!
Food & Service were top notch in the new Flame restaurant of theirs.
Their desserts were awesome to say the least.
Hotel looks to have all new smiling set of staff who were very courteous and 'happy'.
The place looks very scenic and inviting and being across the road from Saturday Night Market we will surely stay here in Oct on our visit again.

Room Tip: After my stay, Though on request they were happy to show us one of their rooms, I think it was well...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vishalagrawal
DoubleTree_Goa, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Mr Agrawal,
Greetings!
I thank you for visiting our property and I am truly glad to know that you liked the service and product that we have to offer.
As per your comment, please note that we would be more than happy to welcome you to our hotel in October, please do let us know your itinerary in due course of time to enable us to help reserve a room for you.
Im reachable at rohit.bajpai@hilton.com.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We moved to north goa after spending weekend in a south goa five-star property and were excited to stay in a new Hilton hotel but truly disappointed. The check-in took extremely long, they forgot we're waiting. The lobby was noisy as u cud here all the vehicles passing buy, there were no closed doors. Finally when we got in the room, the room was very ok. Bathroom was a huge disappointment, it was so tiny u'll be surprised. And the bathroom fittings are very cheap quality, almost like a 2-3 star hotel. They provided soap but not a soap dish to hold it, no face tissues or a proper tray or rack to place the usual items. No bath robe. Looks no thought was given when designing the bathroom, someone just randomly made it.

No one ever picks at the reception or it's busy. There's a CareLine button on phone which has same response. There's a balcony attached in the room, with very ordinary cheap quality chair and table.

And all this at a price of a five star is super disappointing. I stayed in a hotel in Goa at same price and there is really no comparison. This hotel is 2 on a scale of 10. If they can't provide luxury and quality of five star, they shud not charge the price of that category. I expected a great deal considering its a brand Hilton.

When we complained about a few things, the manager or a senior person didn't even bother to say anything. A very junior staff came to our room and told us we'll reduce ure price by 1000 bucks for the inconvenience. No apologies, no senior person coming and comforting. Really 1000 Rs ? Even a lunch is not possible in that petty amount, and we didn't complaint to get a discount. In a normal case, in a good hotel, they upgrade and take special care of your needs if something this disappointing happens to make-up for the disappointment. Especially if the hotel is new and there is ample availability. But here no one really bothered.

This was a shocker. In a service industry if this is the service they will provide, considering they're a new property and have to compare wid service experts of Taj, Leela and Marriott, it really is a shocker.

Whole mood is spoiled and we're extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't, stay in some other good property nearby
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank styledestino
DoubleTree_Goa, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear flamboyant624,

Thank you for posting your candid review of DoubleTree by Hilton Goa-Arpora-Baga. Your feedback and insights are greatly appreciated.

I am extremely sorry to learn you were disappointed with the hotel and by the shortfalls in service. I understand how this must have affected your stay and impression.

Your feedback has been taken very seriously and my team and I are in the process of taking the necessary steps to ensure we deliver the upscale product and warm service expected of the brand’s hotels. My team and I are committed to providing the best personalised service and stay experience to our guests.

I would be grateful if you could share more details of your stay so that I may investigate the matter further and facilitate a conclusive resolution. You can reach me directly at rohit.bajpai@hilton.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Once again, please accept my apologies, and please know there is a sincere effort on our part to investigate this matter and ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Lastly, and most importantly, we hope you will grant us an opportunity to welcome you back to a true and warm DoubleTree by Hilton experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

worth staying dere...its a fantastic place to stay...loving it.....goa is a very nice place and this is a fantastic place to stay.......It was conveniently located across from Saturday night bazaar and a very close ride to the beach which is one of the nicest beaches in India.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Prerna A
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A Hotel with a pleasant environment, Riviera De Goa is just 10 kms away from Calangute and Baga Beaches and just 4 kms away from Anjuna Beach. A 4* Property with a casino inside the Hotel Premises, makes it very easy for the people who come to Goa only for playing in the Casino. A huge variety of Delightful Delicacies, the meals served here are just mouth watering. From a swimming pool for the kids, to a gymnasium for the people who don't want to cut on their daily work outs, to a spa that will just take the person in another world, this hotel has it all. The location is so amazing that bag in front of the hotel are a go carting track and a night market which is open only on Saturdays. Riviera is worth a stay if planning to go to Goa.

Room Tip: One can choose a poolside room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank jimish_24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arpora
Grand Hyatt Goa
Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel
#6 of 67 in Candolim
Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga? Share your experiences!