“Good Place to relax however a little expensive”
Review of Resort Rio

Resort Rio
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Arpora
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I booked the place while moving from South Goa for a couple of days in North Goa. Started on an bad note as we could not check in for almost an hour and a half even as we reached hotel after 2 as room was not ready. i was asked to go for lunch and only 30 minutes after lunch we could check in as the person at reception said he is giving us a room with a better view. The room however was very spacious with all required ameneties. Wifi was complementry and worked well. The breakfast spread was good and tasted nice. Food was good. The pool is big and a place where you can relax as they have food and drinks served by the pool. Located slightly far from the center of attractions (Calangute and Candolim) but 10 minutes drive and scooters available for rent just outside hotel. We found it to be a little expansive compared to other places in candolim like terra parasio for a bigger room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amity19
Pracilo, Front Office Manager at Resort Rio, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your precious time and the valuable comments. Our apologies for the delay in your check-in that may have resulted due to a full occupancy the previous day. We thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter as we pride on cleanliness being nothing less than perfect.

We truly appreciate the fact that you enjoyed your room, the pool, the meals and the hotel facilities however regret the comparison to certain other places as we are a 5 Star Deluxe property. Rest assured our pricing is evaluated keeping in mind the requirement of every traveler in order to provide them with the best possible hospitality and service.

We treasure your feedback and hope to see you soon again!

Pracilo D’silva
Front Office Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,775)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm trying hard to find something negative. From check in to out, stay was really comfortable. I have stayed at the goa property multiple times and they were actually consistent. Above all the breakfast buffet was the best in any hotel i had stayed in goa. They also have a amazing bake house at the lobby area.Also located some clothing outlet in their premises."Jashna" a veg rajasthani & gujrati thali.No need 2 think twice!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank aarnav f
Benedict D, Director of Sales at Resort Rio, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for chooosing to stay at Resort Rio!

We are glad that you had a memorable stay and especially enjoyed the spread of our buffet breakfast at the "Pickled Mango" the multi -cuisine restaurant.

We thank you for the special mention of " Jalsa" our award winning best vegetarian Gujarati restaurant in Goa for the two consecutive years by the Times of India Good Food Guide.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

"Resort Rio" is stunning, luscious and classy. Not to mention full of heavy security staff. I had traveled for 57 straight hours across the world without a bed. I was at my crashing point, none I had never exhausted myself through before. Actually stopped at the bar for a drink to look at the pool overview. Once done, I retired to my room and found one of the best beds I could have ever hoped for, layered with multiple thin blankets and a shawl at the foot of it. I was knocked out, and don't remember how long I slept. The bathtub and shower had me royally refreshed when I awoke.

On day two, I found the food, the pool, the spa, and anything else you could say is a sanctuary (I personally loved the chair swing in the lobby, and we took pictures on the majestic staircase). Two weeks later in India, I had traveled north and south, I had not found better food than here, and particularly, pork is hard to find in India and it was among the best spicy-tangy I had ever had. For breakfast, I loved everything from melon to the "American" donut, but no morning starts out right until I've had my Chai Tea. The pool is a dynasty of itself, with polo nets, waterfall, fountain, and a wet bar. For an even cooler afternoon, the spa is imperially upscale. The view beyond the veranda is a jungle, as it should be, but the hotel is paradise.

Room Tip: Ask for a second or third floor room that overlooks the pool or courtyard.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Life_of_Sean
Pracilo, Manager at Resort Rio, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and the positive review of our resort. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay particularly taking back with you the fond memories of our accommodation facilities, the pool, our award winning Zaara Spa and convenient meals including authentic Indian dishes using the freshest ingredients that delighted your palate.

In short to sum it up in one sentence, you truly had the time of your life. This indeed is a great acknowledgment for our staff to live up to our tag line.

As you have commended on the pleasant view and surroundings, we are in agreement that the greatest asset is our convenient location.

We thank you for the room tip to fellow travelers and looking forward in welcoming you again.

Warm Regards,
Pracilo D'silva
Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was our first wedding anniversary. The destination was fixed that is Goa, but we were not sure about the hotel as there are plenty of options in Goa. However somehow we have happened to select The Resort Rio at Arpora. And, trust me we it was truly worth it.
The resort is perfectly blended with of luxury, comfort , art and fun..! Right from its entrance you feel the positive vibes around. The corridor, the courtyard, the reception area are all so sync with each other that you immediately realize the oneness in them.
Now, talking about the room. We have stayed at Deluxe luxury room with a pool side view. WoW..! It was really one of the best hotel rooms I have ever stayed. Firstly, its Huge.! Secondly all wooden means the flooring, interiors and not to forget the Sliding doors, they are certainly the USP of the room which really enhances the beauty of it. And, lastly, the bathroom. Its truly a bath'Rooom'. because it actually has a size of room. Truly washes away all the negative thoughts..!! The bath tub and all are like you can not ask for more than this.
What makes Resort Rio a perfect place is not only its appearance or outlook but the inside Staff. Their friendly as well as professional nature is really commendable. As it was our first anniversary they gave us complimentary Cake and Wine at mid night.!! I really appreciate their gesture.
Also, all the three hotels in the resort are very well designed and serves you really nice food, for both veggies and non-veggies. The only hitch is that I found them bit expensive.! Its like you are paying much but in return the hunger remains with you..!!So, my advise to all is eat as much as you can (or rather more) during breakfast which is of course a complimentary one, and save money for your fav shop..!!
P.S.- If you choose to stay at the suite then whatever fantastical I have wrote about the room, just multiply that with 2,3,4...!!! Because it is just stupendo fantabuloslly fantastic..!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PriyaHemang
Benedict D, Director of Sales at Resort Rio, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for making the right choice in choosing Resort Rio for your first wedding anniversary !!

We are pleased to know that you have had a wonderful experience to share to all on trip advisor during your "Perfect Anniversary @Perfect Resort" Rio!!

Your valued feedback of the Large Luxury Deluxe Rooms ,the interiors ,the spacious bathroom and the amenities and facilities that we provide with the best services , surprises and added delight - are the best for a memorable stay one can experience during their stay at Resort Rio!

We look forward to welcoming you in our midst again soon and hope you celebrate many more memorable anniversaries at Resort Rio!!

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotels rooms awesome no doubts about that property good not bad at all i stayed there for 8nights with my cousins the only problem i faced was the service the house keeping staff refuses to change the bed sheets talks rudely does not knw english
The front desk manager sleeps at night on the desk and i we call no one is gonna answer u back
And even when he picks up he is not gonna entertain u in a good manner forget that

All over all they have to do is just improve their sevices

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank sahibnag
Benedict D, Director of Sales at Resort Rio, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to post your feedback on trip advisor.

We are sorry and most concerned to note that your overall experience at our 5 Star Deluxe Resort did not meet your expectations and your feedback has already been taken up with my team for corrective measures and we deeply regret the inconvenience caused.

On the bright side,we are glad of your mention about the awesome rooms that you liked.

We do hope that you give us another opportunity to provide you with our best services and a memorable stay with us.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Resort Rio is an appropriate blend of luxury with proximity to all beaches in North Goa....it gives you peaceful setting without cutting you off totally. The rooms are large and spacious and mine overlooked the lush green mountain view. the bathrooms are large and well done as well. Made my stay very pleasant and relaxing. The pool is outstanding with a great mountain view in the background and bar and Jacuzzi. I could spend the whole day in the pool. The spa and gym are very good as well . Gym is quite big for any hotel standards. To add further to this wonderful stay is great food and outstanding hospitality. Staff is warm , friendly and always ready to help with a broad smile. All these 5 star amenities in 4 star prices. I loved the place when i went for the first time and repeated the stay this year also and would not mind a third visit too.

Room Tip: Take the deluxe room they have an outstanding view from the balcony...extremely romantic.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PRIYA7482

Dear Guest,

It is indeed a proud moment for us to hear that you have had a wonderful experience again on your second visit at our 5 Star Luxury Deluxe Resort !!

We thank you for your valued feedback ,kind words about our team members who have added delight in the services and facilities that we take pride in.

We look forward to welcoming you in our midst again soon and hope that you continue being our repeat honored guest in the years to follow!!

Benedict D`souza -Director Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went resort rio in july 2012, its an amazing place. The look and feel is very classy. The hotel room was immaculate. Although we didnt have any meals there but there was a restaurant at the ground floor where we had drinks and starters which was pretty decent. There was a water park as well but as it was raining we couldnt enjoy that .. overall Resort Rio gives you a very rich feel .. I had a memorable stay at Resort rio.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ameeeeee7

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your wonderful experience of your stay at the " Amazing Place "Resort Rio!!

Do visit us on facebook and our website to keep updated on our event calendar ,exclusive offers and more for "Another Time Of Your Lives at Resort Rio" !!!

Benedict D`souza -Director Sales & Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arpora
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga
#4 of 18 in Anjuna
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim

Been to Resort Rio? Share your experiences!