The hotel claims to be a 5* deluxe resort, however for anyone used to true worldwide 5* hotel standards (e.g Intercontinental, Shangri-La, Taj, le meridien etc). this resort falls way short of them. It is more along the lines of a 3* or 3.5* being generous.
- Clean hotel
- Clean modern decent sized rooms with balcony
- Spa/health club
- Decent size pool with poolside bar
- Great food at the pure veg restaurant and good choice buffet/ à la carte
- Seperate bath and shower
- Mostly all staff are friendly and humble
- Cheap nightly rate
- Lack of entertainment (karoke/singing/dj on odd nights) but no animation
- Location not ideal, 10 minutes drive minimum to the beach or shopping districts
- WIFI signal poor/non existent in rooms as you get further from reception.
- Certain management VERY POOR. GM and night time reception supervisor incompetent and arrogant.
Initially satisfied with quality of service until my first problem arose. The bed's leg collapsed and I was moved to another room. The new room was not receiving wifi signal. I asked to be moved again as before I booked the hotel I expressed the importance of wifi within my room, furthermore I had already paid £25 for 48 hours internet access. The reception staff informed me I would be moved the following day. This is when the nightmare began, for three days I was constantly promised I would be moved or the wifi would be fixed, the supervisor (who claimed to be a manager) insisted I could not be moved as the hotel was sold out, but multiple reception staff clearly confirmed many rooms were still alternative rooms in the same room type were available. I made it clear I would checkout if the wifi was not fixed upon my return to the hotel and surprise surprise it was still not working, on my request to checkout I was told I would have to pay for the night regardless me moving to another hotel, so I immediately complained to the GM who's response was just as arrogant claiming wifi is provided on request and it is not the room change that impacted the wifi signal and they will take no responsibily, instead of fixing the problem.
There is no excuse, to repeat I made my requirements clear before checkin and paid £25 in advance for these services. For the incredible amount of hassle with no reason what so ever, arrogance and poor attitude - not even an apology! I would not stay at this hotel again, any 4* upwards hotel would have simply changed my room to match my prerequisites or at minimum offer me a full refund for services I have not been able to use. In the end (last night) the problem was rectified by providing a laptop thanks to a duty manager who appreciates proper customer service.
Please avoid this hotel, I will most certainly be looking for a real 5*, one with decent manners and hospitality for my return to goa in December.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Rio, a five star luxury deluxe spa resort in Goa, is spread over 10 acres on the banks of the Baga River and is just a 5 minute drive from the world famous Baga Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Resort Rio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Rio Hotel Arpora
- Resort Rio Goa/Arpora