“Resort Rio made this trip the best time spent with family!”
Review of Resort Rio

Resort Rio
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Arpora
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My family and I decided to go on a holiday to Goa and on the suggestion of a few friends, we booked into Resort Rio. We had heard a lot of good comments about this hotel so we stayed there. It was a 3-nights trip that was simply fabulous!

Firstly the deluxe rooms were absolutely spacious and the kids had enough and more space to run around in. The hotel had an elegant, no-fuss deco which really appealed to me. We tried their Mamma Mia restaurant a few times, for a different taste and it didn’t let us down one bit! The chefs there are really good. A must try for everyone with Italian taste buds! The kids enjoyed their time at the pool and were completely fascinated with the elephants spouting water.
The staff at the hotel were cordial and we didn’t have any problem with them. The beach is also pretty close and one-way transportation was usually available…..The only thing that we regret is that we were unable to experience the spa treatments due to lack of time. But we will surely be back for that sometime soon!

4  Thank amitkhandekar
Pracilo, Front Office Manager at Resort Rio, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Dear Amitkhandekar,

We thank you for your positive review of our resort. We have noted your comments and look forward in welcoming you again!

Please do visit us on face book and our website for special offers, promos and updates...

Reviewed May 27, 2011

We went goa for a few nights and stayed in room 207.
On arrival we were greeted with a cold drink and had our heavy cases taken of us..
When we were shown to the room we were like wow what a plush room, it was beautiful. If I was to be fussy one of the tables has not been cleaned and was sticky. The light fitting was not fixed on the wall properly and the power shower fluded the shower as the drainage was slow other that that every thing was 5*. we had dinner in one of the many restaurants it was excellent as was the entertainment with all the staff joining in with singing and dancing.
If maintained well this hotel will be a winner in the future

• Stayed: November 2010
4  Thank leeds56

Dear Leeds56,

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Truly a hidden gem, hardly 2 kms away from Baga & Calangute Beach. Excellent Ambience, and service beyond imagination. The rooms are a dream and best suited for a couple or family of 3. For larger families, they have the apartments & villas with Living rooms & kitchenettes.
The staff go out of their way to fulfill every wish or demand. Activities throughout the day for children & adults. Live music with karaoke in the restaurant and an excellent spread of food every day. If you don't like the buffet, they will cook up a special dish of your liking at no extra charge.
Enjoy the drinks at the pool bar, indoor sports and a wonderful spa experience.
The only thing that disappointed us was that they shut the pool at 7 in the evening!
But, overall, a great holiday destination!

Room Tip: Ask for a room/ villa with a pool view
2  Thank rohitgupta68
rubiqsoln, General Manager at Resort Rio, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2011

Dear Mr. Gupta,

First of all I would like to thank you for getting back to us with your observations. We certainly do value them a lot.

We are definitely glad that you think of our resort as a “truly hidden gem” with excellent service and facilities. We deduce from your review that you definitely had a remarkable time during your stay here. Undoubtedly, we do provide unlimited fun, entertainment and much more.
At the same time, we follow certain rules and regulations at the poolside and this includes ending of the swim session at 7pm. We are very grateful to you for co-operating with these rules.

We thank you once again for your review and we invite you to visit this “great holiday destination” more often.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

making my family happy is all i want to do. i saw the comments and reviews on this site and also was browsing on the site of Resort Rio... from what i saw.. i fell in love with the pictures on the site but the reviews was leting me down.. i wanted to see for myself and a family outing to Goa at resort rio was my plan. the journey to the hotel... was waiting to c the marvelous place.... the road towards the hotel was an adventure... we had to pull back because of a pickup coming the opposite site since the road was narrow, that's what i want to say all good things come the hard way. arriving to the resort, my family was over whelmed to see the the massive structure, it seemed like a palace, my check in was done by a gentleman named saby ( i hope i got that name right) he was a professional his accent phewwwww....... the rooms no words to describe... i told my wife i wish i could go to work from here everyday. the nights went fast and so the days.... guess i was having the time of my life with my family, i was entitled of all meals, i remember sachin and ryan served us most of the times and service no issues.. food was good.. i tried the mamamia pizza and guess what i got a 20% discount the pizza was worth more.. thanks for taking me to Italy when m in goa.. will come back for the pizza. the onli issue i had was the currents flactuation but the it wasnt for more then 10 to 15 sec... but the AC had to restart! the pool so wide, a sit up bar... bartender Jose and deston, i just asked how u going to get me drunk? and they kept making me drinks somethings out of their menu but really consumable... the coffee shop must have more then two guys.... coz we take time to order and others wer geting left out. if i had to read the bad reviews and dint wwant to come here i would have missed it all... the staff who were ready to help the massive rooms with lovely bath area.. i met Mr. Benny sales and marketing mgr he was such a down to earth man and neville he treated us like we wer family... i would say it was like home away from home... resort rio i will be back for more. guys i would suggest " go to this resort" you will not like it but love it

best wishes

3  Thank sharp42

Dear Sharp42,

Reviewed May 14, 2011

we all stayed in the hotel as there was a function in goa .we enjoyed the stay too much the ambeience ,eminities, the staff ,location were great .during the function i forgot my diamond jewellary in the room but when i returned it was safely kept .i was surprised by the loyalty of the staff.the only thing i would like to suggest is that they should work on making the food better otherwise a very good experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
rubiqsoln, General Manager at Resort Rio, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Dear Ma’am

I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our resort. We at Resort Rio, make every effort to ensure that our guests have “the time of their lives” here in Goa.

I am especially glad that you had an opportunity to witness the loyalty and dedication of our staff towards their job. We will definitely work towards upgrading the quality of the food here. I assure you that the next time you are here, your experience will be enhanced.

Thank you for your valued feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2011

We did a weekend package at Resort Rio and had a real blast.
We were a group of 6 people. We booked in 3 deluxe rooms. The rooms are very big, more than we expected. Anjali from front office was very helpful to give us pool facing rooms.

We had a nice dinner at the buffet restaurant Pickled Mango, Agnelo the manager took good care of us and was very jovial. We especially enjoyed the Karoake session.

The Rio Sunday was really fun day. The entertainment guy George had so many games, the music was rocking and we had lots of fun. We also took part in the fishing competition but unfortunately instead of catching the fish, the fish ate all my bait... grrrr. It was my first time after all...great experience!!!

Great going Resort Rio, we'll be back for more.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank shrikantgaude

Sir,

We are very pleased to receive your review. At the same time we are delighted that you and your group had such a great weekend at Resort Rio.

I am glad that you had a good time at Pickled Mango with the karaoke session and suggest that you try out our other restaurants soon. I am also pleased that the staff here made you feel comfortable. We notice our efforts beginning to materialize when we know that you, our guests, have had the best time at our resort.

And of course, we do hope you have excellent luck at the next fishing competition here! We look forward to giving you another fantastic experience soon.

Thank you.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I had stayed at this hotel for my holidays in Goa with my wife and another couple friend. This hotel is a new property at Arpora and is an amazing building. the hotel rooms are the biggest ive encountered in a long time , with a very nice bathroom, with high standard fittings. Even all the rooms have lcd tv's (though awkwardly placed) and nice interiors. we had all our meals included and never had any complaints with the food. Even the pool was decent sized with never a dull moment along the pool side. the location is about 10 min drive from the baga beach, but 1 needs to have their own conveyance , or else you can take a cab from the hotel for rs 150/-, decently priced. The only let down was the service. what happened was,that we had got some tattoo done , which by mistake got onto the bedsheet and 1 pillow cover, now i totally agree that it was our fault, but the hotel billed us for Rs 2600/- which i felt was a little shallow behaviour on the part of the hotel, as it was no major amount, and had the hotel not charged it, this would have shown their customer service in a good light. secondly when we checked into the rooms, we saw that few breezer bottles in our room were not sealed and had just water in them , and a chips packet was already opened. When we contacted the room service, they blamed us that we would have opened them. now if a client is paying 1 lac for a complete holiday stay for 4 persons, he would not lie for 90 bucks. Also the staff at the pool was more concerned for good tip paying clients, than the non paying ones. the exception being the manager at the restaurant, ive forgotten his name though. he used to be very friendly and would always talk to us regarding our stay and that if we were satisfied with the hotel. All in all, the hotel was excellent, worth the money paid, but if the hotel just improves onto its service, then it would give other 5* brands a run for their money.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rsvedi

Sir,

Firstly I would like to thank you for visiting our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed the various facilities on our property. It has been brought to my notice that you encountered certain problems with our housekeeping staff during your stay.

As per the Housekeeping Policy of Resort Rio, a guest is charged for any stained linen in his/her room. I was informed that you paid an amount of Rs. 1750/- for the permanently stained linen (which included 2 pillow covers, a duvet cover, double bed sheet and a hand towel).

Looking into your second grievance, I have been assured that on the day of your arrival, the mini bar in your room was checked and well-stocked. It is most unfortunate that you found certain discrepancies. I sincerely hope that we have made it up to you by replacing and not charging you for the same. I would also like to point out that outside drinks are not allowed into the hotel and there was no complaint about the packet of chips.

Resort Rio willfully strives for excellence and we are grateful to you for giving us your feedback. Kindly contact me on my email address gm@resortrio.com

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Thank you once again.

Terence Nunes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arpora
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel
Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel
#6 of 67 in Candolim

Been to Resort Rio? Share your experiences!