“Never again ”
Review of The Barn

The Barn
Ranked #16 of 46 Restaurants in Worcester
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

I stopped there for breakfast. Not a good idea. Quite spacious and set in an art gallery. The coffee was cold. I was alone in the restaurant the only noise was the rather loud chatter from the kitchen. For breakfast only one slice of toast looking lonely in a basket. The eggs were as ordered but crispy at the bottom so overcooked in my view. As for the butter the little tub was empty obviously recycled from a previous customer. I had to ask for a sealed tub. The marmalade was served in a pot obviously recycled from a previous customer and topped up. the spoon was sticky and so was the jam pot Bacon had absolutely no fat on and was not crisp. The borewors was tasty and moist. All the food was cold. I was in a hurry so I ate the food and informed the waiter that it was a disaster. When I asked to speak to the owner I was told he was away. A case of when the cats are away the mice will play?

Date of visit: May 2017
2  Thank roymtjoy

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Magical hidden garden atmosphere filled with art deco, which is also child friendly. There is a gallery where well renowned glass artist David Reade displays his works of art. The coffee is freshly brewed and always lifts your spirit when you are looking for real coffee. The food is freshly prepared and looks as good as it tastes.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Gerrit M
Reviewed August 11, 2016

We have eaten here before many times and are back again. There really are limited places to eat in Worcester and The Barn is always a good standby. It's not fine dining but very good quality produce well prepared by a good kitchen and served by a very competent and attentive waiter. We ate in the garden as usual and had peri peri livers and Thai fish cakes which were superb! Will always go back.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank david o
Reviewed July 27, 2016

We stopped by for toasted sandwiches and coffee. Service was good. The food was Ok. Not much of a presence by Ok to stop for a quick coffee etc.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

I stopped at The Barn for a coffee, which was superb, and then decided to stay for lunch. The friendly staff provided great service. My sumptuous butternut soup, and salad arrived in good time. I ate in the garden courtyard which has several tables spaced out in a pretty outside area.
If you visit, do also have a look at the paintings and glass-art that are on sale. All very beautiful!

Date of visit: May 2016