See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 20, 2018 via mobile

Situated in the middle of town. Guest parking available inside. This older hotel has been upgraded to protea standards. Staff are most helpful. Food in the restsurant is excellent and reasonably priced.Good value for a family or business stop over. Recommended.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2018

I recently spent a night at this hotel and I can confidently describe the experience as very good. The check-in process was quick and efficient and all of the staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. My room was neat and clean and all of my requests to housekeeping were taken care of. Breakfast was comprehensive and the service in the restaurant was good. Overall, I was happy with my stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Protea Hotel C, Manager at Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback received regarding your stay. We are delighted that we met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel whenever your travels brings you back to Worcester.

Kind Regards
Operations Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Had a wonderful stay at the hotel, check in was great, hotel was fresh and clean, I spent a bit of time at the bar before heading out and it was very pleasant. on returning found bed lovely an clean and bathroom clean and spacious.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Protea Hotel C, Manager at Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Good Morning David,

Thank you for your feedback received. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back to our lovely hotel in the future.

Yours in hospitality

Operations Manager
Protea hotel by Marriott Cumberland Worcester

Reviewed July 4, 2018

My wife and I booked into this hotel for the night of 24 June 2018. We parked our vehicle in the hotel parking which was meant to be secure. The hotel parking lot has security wire and walls around it as well as a gated entrance with security guards and camera's. In the early hours of the morning my vehicle was broken into by 3 people. This is confirmed by the ccv tv footage. The security gate was left open providing easy access to my vehicle ! The matter was reported to the SAPS (Police) who took a statement and sent the finger print police to the vehicle. Unfortunately when the finger print police arrived they were informed by the receptionist that the vehicle had left which definitely was not the case ! So no finger prints were taken. I could not repair the damage without having to take the vehicle to a panel beater. Hence I could not securely lock my vehicle for the rest of my holiday.
The room and the food was fine. Would I return ? Most definitely not !

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Farmer214
Reviewed June 5, 2018

I have to say up front bring your own face cloth. The towels are soft and large. The front desk was very friendly. The hotel is very spacious lots of meeting and chatting area. Pool and Sunna. Great place to watch the games or play cards. They also have a billiards table. Watch out for the slot machines. Very safe and secure.

Room tip: Do not ask for a wakeup call. Housekeeping does a great job at that! LOL
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Protea Hotel C, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland.

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Worcester.

operations@cumberland.co.za