See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

So much potential to be a great place but it seems that the staff just don't care or do not know how to handle clients. Reception is unfriendly, breakfast buffet is somewhat sad. Staff sitting at the tables and eating breakfast like they don't care. Every single staff member we came in contact with has a bad attitude and could not care less. Very disappointing. Sadly I cannot reccommend

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

The room is lovely and clean and breakfast is great but thats pretty much where it ends. The booklet in the room shows that Kuipers restaurant operates from 18:00 but upon phoning the restaurant for a reservation we were informed that they close at 16:00... Next option was to phone for room service but there was no menu in the room. We phoned reception 3 time until we just want there ourselves to get a menu. We phoned for room service and were informed that they cannot deliver cocktails to our rooms we have to order food as well so we did that. The cocktails arrived in plastic cups with 3 melted blocks of ice in (about 200ml for R55)... This was my fourth visit and if you want a place to stay thats nice this will do but dont expect anything fancy like roomservice (only burgers, toasties and bunny chows) or even staff who are keen to assist.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Midweek breakaway... Was the best decision ever, book in process was streamlined my room was ready when I arrived at check-in and I was met with a pleasant smile in arrival, and they could confidently offer me their guest book on departure, because they knew my review would be positive. Return booking has been made for May 2018 and I know it would be satisfactory

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2017

We stayed in Room 146 and 147. I had put the air-con on as soon as I got to the room on Monday due to the temperature being around 35C outside. I came back about 2 hours later and there had been no change in the room temperature. I then put the air-con on it's lowest temperature and maximum speed. Went out for dinner and came back to find it still not working at all. Phoned reception, the lady said they'd send maintenance, I waited 1 hour no one came. This was now just after 9. I phone again, the lady seemed shocked no one came. 5 minutes later someone from reception came to check, they basically just looked and said they'll call maintenance. 20 minutes later, no one had come. I phoned reception, the lady at the desk said Maintenance if off for the night now. The lady offered to try get me a fan and that she'd get back to me. Needless to say, I didn't get a fan or a call back notifying me. The next morning on my way to the breakfast, I went to reception to ask what the hell was going on. The lady said don't worry I'll send someone right away. I came back to my room after having breakfast to find that the cleaning lady was there, I asked if maintenance had been while she was cleaning. She said yes they had worked on the air-con. I was finally relieved that I wouldn't be baking. I then went out with my family for the day, came back just after 1:30, guess what... air con was still broken. I had already had enough after the night before sleeping in my own perspiration and wasn't about to have that happen again. So I went straight to the front desk, the lady once again said she'll send maintenance but she doesn't know when they'll come, I asked for a fan in the mean time "Sorry sir we don't offer fans"... so much for that offer the night before then. She also told me that it had been over 1 week with this problem, first time I'm hearing of this. I had also found out my parents room next to me didn't have a working air-con either. It has been like this for over 1 WEEK in early December! I was fed up at this point, I waited for about 1 hour, maintenance came, they told me there was a leak at the chiller but they'll change the actuator for me and it should help. It didn't help at all, so my second night was spent lying on top of my bedding, blazing hot and no windows to open in the room so absolutely no fresh air either. It was an utter disaster, front desk/maintenance was never actually helpful, I can't believe a problem like this had been going on for over 1 week and it was effecting multiple rooms!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2017

I stayed at this venue for one night/two days for a work seminar: 23-24 Oct 2017. The room and food were nice. Room clean and tidy. Food tasty ! Staff is friendly and the conference venue we used was not too bad. However, disappointingly the air conditioner in this conference venue did not work.... for two days. On the 1st day we informed the staff , no response. Second day informed the manager and was told they experience technical challenges, We were offered an alternative venue but declined as we were almost done.
Will we use this venue again? Probably !

Date of stay: October 2017