All reviews honesty bar room was clean home away from home nuns guesthouse accommodation dstv hostess valley
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

My first room were given away by the host to another couple. Then lekkerslaap incorectly qouted room incl breakfast but turned out not to be the case. Bed old. Facilities well kept. Kitchen, i am gkad i did not take breakfast. I think the stafd is complacent and due to locality the guest house management get away poor management towards clients. Parking is definate problem.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
tharinaj516, Owner at The Habit Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Good day Oscar
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. I am very sorry that you were off to a bad start with your reservation. As your booking was made through an independent online site I could unfortunately not control the reservation. You and another guest booked the same cottage at exactly the same time via the same site. The system put the other guest’s booking through on our side. I did receive an email from the online booking site indicating that you wanted to book the same cottage. I did let them know immediately that I have Oak Cottage available and they can offer this option to you. They let me know that they have spoken to you, explained the situation and you were happy to take Oak cottage. I then confirmed the reservation on our side.

Both myself and my staff try our very best to provide the best service to all our guests. Your wife and son arrived a couple of hours before the standard check in time (without prior notice) and we did our very best to accommodate them as best as possible. We made sure your cottage was ready a few minutes after they arrived and also offered them a drink and the use of the swimming pool while they had to wait for us to complete the final touches in the cottage.

On Saturday morning at 11 am, after you came back from your son’s sports tournament, you advised me that you wish to have a late check out. Usually we would be very accommodating with a request like this, but we had another family checking into this unit at 2pm, we also had a full house, so it was impossible for us to let you stay after the standard check out time. We did again offer that you and your family are welcome to use the rest of the facilities for the rest of the day, which you did.
After I found that the online site you booked through, incorrectly advised that breakfast is included when booking one of our self-catering cottages, I offered you breakfast on the house at the time of your choice. You advised me that it will have to be very early in the morning, as you have to be at your son’s sports tournament at an early hour. I then offered to be in the kitchen an hour before our standard breakfast time, ready for you to have your complimentary breakfast. You then advised that you decided you do not wish to have breakfast so early and declined the offer.
Regarding the kitchen, I am truly sorry you had to look into the kitchen from where we have just served 25 other guests breakfast and were still busy with cleaning up afterwards.

Thank you very much for advising that the bed you slept on was not up to standard. I did look into it this morning and I agree with you. The new mattress has been ordered.

Parking: We unfortunately only have one parking spot per room. When your wife and son arrived, one parking spot were allocated to your unit. We were not told that you will arrive in a second vehicle and also did you not check in, but only went through to the parking and cottage without us knowing that you were here. We did not at all know that you had parked a second vehicle on another guest’s spot. The particular guest arrived back late at night and had no other choice but to park behind you, therefor you were parked in. However, we do have an arrangement with the property across the road from us to park additional vehicles with them. As we were not aware of your second vehicle we could not offer this option to you.
All in all I am truly sorry you had a negative experience with us even though we tried our very best to meet up to your needs.

Kind Regards,
Tharina Marais
Owner

Reviewed October 21, 2018

My stay was very pleasant and relaxing.the place is very well maintained and manged.it is very welcoming to say the least. The staff is friendly and very respectful.this is the place to be if U want some time out.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised to see what was advertised online was indeed what I received and much more. This quaint BnB was clean, quiet, but most of all, friendly and homely. The support staff is so eager to assist to make your stay comfortable. I will most definitely book there again and recommend it to friends and family.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Excellent service, amazing hostess and fantastic breakfast.Tharina really went out of her way to make sure that my stay was pleasant. She even made a booking at a nearby restaurant for dinner and I was so pleased with her choice!I will recommend this establishment to everyone wishing to book a stay in Worcester.Thank you Tharina and staff. You are true gems in the industry.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank grethec2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Received a very warm welcome by the staff and the service was very good. Located in a very central part of Worcester and easy to reach. Rooms are clean and the breakfast delicious. Can recommend a visit to the Habit.

Date of stay: August 2018