“Mediocre but aleays room for improvement.”
Review of phatFOODANDWINE

phatFOODANDWINE
Ranked #19 of 46 Restaurants in Worcester
Description: Steak House by Day. Fine Dining by Night
Description: Steak House by Day. Fine Dining by Night
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

After reading some reviews while visiting be the area, I thought it would be a good idea to check out this establishment. The wait staff are friendly and efficient, however, the food is mediocre (but still better that some places I've visited in Worcester ) The fact that there was a limit (shortage) to the wines we could choose was a bit absurd, it being a good and wine establishment and all.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Try Phat on a Monday night for 2 burgers (R89.00) for price of one. Big tasty burger, lovely onion rings and good chips. Wines are well priced. On Tuesday they have all main menu items (steaks,pork belly etc) at half price. We tried the pork belly at about R75 - R80.00 (half price). Great bargain and the taste of the pork belly is something to remember. Served with veggie, chips etc - really fantastic. The staff are friendly and very helpful and the venue clean and congenial. This is a restaurant that caters for the average consumer and although the food is top notch, this is not for fine dining. Get there before it's all gone

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Restaurant looks very neat and amazing with decor I was quite disappointed in the cheesecake they served .. ... tastes like frozen yogurt not sure if they do this with leftovers.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed May 13, 2018

We ate here on a Friday night and we were very impressed. We both had the steak and chips special which is R90. The steaks were cooked really well. And service was great. I highly recommended you try it out.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 10, 2018

I ate here tonight just as a big group cleared out of the restuarant. I ordered a T-bone steak medium to rare with a pepper sauce and a peanut butter milkshake. The milkshake was incredibly sweet with no hint of peanut butter or peanut butter taste, on complaining the waiter told me that she knows it does not taste like peanut butter??? The steak arrived in a state I would describe as not even luke warm and was still blue and mostly uncooked on the inside. I suspect it was thrown on the grill out of a freezer which would also explain its very low temperature. The pepper sauce which came in a ramekin was more like a thick dark paste heated too fast in a microwave; boiling on the outside and still cool on the inside. Only the chips was of decent quality. If you like food and have any cooking skills rathe DIY and avoid this restuarant To me its easy to understand why they have specials every night. I won't go there again.

Date of visit: April 2018