“Nice Cafe and Creative Food Presentation but Staff are Untrained!”
Review of Cafe Delicieux

Cafe Delicieux
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Welgemoed
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The decor in this small cafe is tastefull with comfortable chairs, The menu presented is on a very basic plastic type card and not a nice menu folder as you would expect from a cafe that is trying to make a statement on decor, The staff are very mix matched in their clothes and with no nice uniforms that would do this cafe justice, The menu choice is very European style with its offerings so dont expect anything more and especially a normal type english breakfast? that would not go amiss here. The wording of the menu variety is creative and tempting which is great but what it says and what you get are two different things with my choice? It said on my choice "slow roasted tomatoes" and when this dish arrived the tomatoes were as big as Peas??
But generally the food was fine but not great! The prices at this Cafe is expensive for the meals and the owners need to readjust this area if they are to keep their customers in the future
The Waitrons are more busy gossiping in a group at the entrance to the Cafe rather than see to their customers who are seated in the Cafe that need their attention?
The Manager I assume that was present in the Cafe was ignoring his customers and not once greeted any of his customers at the tables but rather chat to a staff member.
Also goes for a guy who came out of the kitchen that I assume was the Cook/Chef In shabby chefs top and came through the cafe ignoring the customers ?
The experience at this Cafe was below average on food, service , and price but decor and seating was nice but not a Cafe that I would again go out my way to visit?
I would say that the locals would find this a nice meeting place though.
Before visiting this Cafe ensure you check the times of opening as it is only open during the day and not evenings except for Friday last checked?

1  Thank keith m

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was in the area for business and was looking for somewhere close I can go and relax and have something nice to eat. I had the goatscheese salad, which was delightfull and the baked pecan nut cheesecake was also great. What a good unexpected experience. The place is very interestingly decorated. It was very quite, so I didnt have any problems with service.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This little gem is well hidden in a small shopping centre in Welgemoed. They are only open for dinners on a Friday evening and you can choose a 2 or 3 course from the menu. Very reasonably priced for the quality of food served.

My Thai bief salad starter was great. Made with an ample portion of beef fillet, it could almost have been a main cource. I followed this with an awesome shredded choulder of lamb served on a lovely creamy rissotto and accompanied with overn roasted veg. I called the chef to the table and told him it was one of the best meals I've eating in a long time.

Service is not up to scratch whch is a great pity and was the only aspect that detracted from the meal, but the food made up for it - we'll be back...

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Excellent food prepared and served in a very pleasant venue. Staff were attentive and the restaurant was well patronised, but not full. The beef fillet I had was a work of art - I understand that presentation is a great contributor to the enjoyment of a meal and these folks have got it right!!

Other diners in our group all really enjoyed the meals and commented on the pleasant and tasty options ordered. We ended the meal with good coffee, and one comment that may be negative is the "desert menu" comprises cakes only. A small desert menu even with 3 or 4 items to choose from would have been super, but this in no ways distracted from the absolutely delightful evening we had! If the owners or managers read this - please keep on doing what you do!!!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

The resturant is located in a small shopping centre and open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
very nicely fitted out to be cosy and welcoming.
Quality of food was excellent at both the Breakfast and dinner visit I made.
Breakfast options have all the usuals including home made museli with fruit which will keep you going well past lunchtime!The scrambled eggs were perfectly cooked, generous and very nicely presented.
Dinner options are based on a fusion type menu. My party of 4 all had different choices including Sticky ribs, Steak, Thia King Prawn Curry, Sole all of which got a big thumbs up from the eater (and those who shared!!).
Service in the evening was a little slow and we had to chase our food but we were assured that this was not the norm.
Worth noting that toilets are not on the premises but part of the shopping centre facilities accessed with a code given to you by the resturant. Having said that they were modern, spotless and very well equipped so having them slightly off site was not really an issue.
Prices were pretty fair for the quality of food at both meals.
This resturant has, quite rightly, become pretty popular so be sure to book.
All in all, a very nice place with good food etc so well worth a visit.