Majeka House
Eendracht Hotel(Stellenbosch)
Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)
Oude Werf Hotel(Stellenbosch)
View Hotel
All reviewsmakaron restaurantindoor poolpremier roomsemi private poolmacaroonsgreat spaspa treatmentssteam roomattention to detailboutique hotelinterior designmountain viewcape towna real treatwine countrytop classsouth africa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed two sublime days of luxury recently at Majeka House. Since its inception a few years ago, Karine and Lloyd and their team have gone from strength to strength in the hospitality they offer. We aren't surprised really as we knew this hotel was a cut above the rest but the new furnishings, the amazing food in the restaurant, the spa treatments as well as the beautiful accommodations all add up to a very special place indeed. Definitely my number one choice and totally deserving of its 5* status in the winelands.

Room Tip: The pool suites lend themselves to couples or families who want to be close to each other as they share a pool and deck and the rooms are versatile. All rooms are lovely here though.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Fran,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your compliments about Majeka House are really appreciated
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warm regards

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending a night at Majeka House early March 2013 and I can certainly say that it was the most unbelievable experience. The rooms were truly luxurious with so many extra little touches, the service was 5 star plus and the food was out of this world. The chef must be an award winning chef as I have never tasted such great food. We just had the tapas menu as we had a late lunch and the mini hamburger is probably one of the most delicious I have ever had in my life. The rest of the tapas was great too. Although its a few km's from the actual town of Stellenbosch, its so lovely to escape the buzz and enjoy the calm and serenity with their lovely gardens and huge pool.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mountain Facing room, it was lovely. The decor is great, the bathroom so stylish and the canvas on the roof above the bed with the light behind was so interesting.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Natalie,
Thank you so much for the review. One like yours really makes all we and our team do worthwhile.
I do hope that next time you are in the winelands you will have the time to visit us again.
Best regards

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband organised a special surprise for my birthday and we ended up staying overnight at this magnificent location. I was absolutely blown away by the amazing views. The restaurant was out of this world, the staff always friendly and helpful and the design and decor is very stylish.

I felt like a queen in such a high standard establishment and can recommend Majeka House to anyone who wants to experience something magical and peaceful.

Thank you everyone for making my Birthday extra special.
Ingrid and Braam Vos

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ingrid,
A belated happy birthday from all of us at Majeka House. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon (even if it is not your birthday)
Warm regards

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed for three nights at Majeka House in a pool suite. The room was large and the idea of the pool suite was excellent. The furnishings and fittings were of a high quality but "funky", I mean that in a positive way. A high quality and peaceful boutique hotel. We will return.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alec J,
Thank you very much for your kind words about Majeka House.
It is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Regards

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend at Majeka House and we both really enjoyed everything about it. Friendly professional staff, comfortable rooms, great location to explore Stellenbosch,great meals and generally a luxurious experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable but the rooms facing the semi-private pool are the best in our opinion.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brendan S

Dear Brendan,
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Majeka House.
We appreciate your taking the time to write on Tripadvisor and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards