“Wow!”

Ranked #10 of 263 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My first experience of a restaurant I'd long thought to be overrated and overpriced - and the experience blew me away, in the most positive way possible. It was one of those rare wow experiences from the moment we walked in to the moment we had to leave. The view, the food, the thoughtful service, the wonderful extra touches all made this a memorable night out.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Without a doubt my favourite resturant, Terroir just keeps getting better. The setting is beautiful on a summer's day. The service attentive and friendly. And the food...I've yet to be disappointed. It's modern, fresh, clean but comforting. The chef's palate is refined and delicate. And the sauces! They'll live in your culinary memory for a long time.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were glad that the weatherwas kind and that we could have lunch outside as thought the dining room lacked atmosphere for lunch. The starters were amazing and the mains very good but at R195.00 on the expensive side. I do realise that the price of food has risen but felt that this was too high. Service was friendly and professional but a bottle of water at R33 in my mind is a rip off and for this reason would not hurry to return.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had a fantastic meal, my cousin and I enjoyed a delicious meal in the overcast weather. Choosing to sit outside we thoroughly enjoyed the large concrete tables that gave us plenty of space for the Merlot and delicious Pork Springroll amuse-bouche. Starting with the Duck confit Tortellini (with grilled peaches and a cepe sauce) and the Prawn risotto with corn. The risotto won hands down. The Americané sauce was Delicious and rich. Mains I had the loin of lamb, which was perfectly pink was delicious. Sadly the veg were a bit boring, but still perfectly cooked and seasonal. Est bit the discovery of lamb crackling, which is an excellent little trinket. Well done Chef Michael Broughton. Jon had the pork belly, with crackling and truffle mac and cheese. It was excellent, truffle mac was a little rich but hey truffles.
Dessert was satisfying with us sharing an apple tart with cinnamon ice cream and a chocolate Carmel and hazelnut delicé. Perfect way to end off our meal.

Cindeline, our server was fantastic. Excellent food and wine knowledge, chatty without being intrusive. All the staff were very friendly and charming.

Overall excellent meal, if not a little overpriced. When you want quality and passion, you need to pay for it.

Top notch.

1  Thank Mighty_7_Mikey
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

There is a plethora of great restaurants in the franschoek/ stellenbosch area.
This is one restaurant that you dare not miss. We each had three course meals and every dish was a delight

Don't leave the area without spending a meal here