“service could be better”
Review of Wijnhuis

Wijnhuis
Ranked #28 of 271 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had a nice afternoon lunch here outside on the pavement.excellent food with a lovely selection of wines,by the glass,watching the world go by.service a bit erratic.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We started here for pre lunch wine tasting, a selection of 6 wines and I had the bruschetta. We sat in the sun, enjoyed our wine and snacks, sublime

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I'd eaten here before on a previous trip so returned as my memory was a good one. However this time I was disappointed. The waitress who served me was distinctly indifferent and the fish & calamari when it came was cooked in too much oil, which also had a bad taste to it, and somewhat over-powered the seafood. The rocket salad I chose was over dressed. I chose one of the better wines by the glass (on price) but it was unexceptional, so they missed out on me ordering more as I would normally do. I think they need to better train their waiters and improve the quality of their cooking.

The Big Easy on Dorp Street offers a much better experience all-round.

1  Thank Roamingjiver
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We wanted to treat our niece to a dinner, celebrating her 21st. (Chose the Wijnhuis because of the setting, and favourable past experience.) The manageress, after a friendly comment in this regard, left us with the menus, and disappeared and from there we had to fight for service for the rest of the evening. I can ramble on, but will refrain from doing so. Food was good, but it's ultimately the service that makes or breaks one's experience. I suppose if you get enough tourists to keep the cash flow going, why bother about it. They are not going to be back anyway. I won't be in a hurry either.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife, son and I had a wonderful meal here. The staff was very friendly and offered spot on recommendations for our meals and what temperature of meat was best. It was a comfortable atmosphere and easy to carry on a conversation.