“A wonderful location”
Review of Sugarbird Manor

Sugarbird Manor
Ranked #19 of 113 Stellenbosch B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The views from this hotel cannot be bettered,Our room was spotless and comfortable,the breakfast and staff were excellent.Truely a great place to stay .If in Stellenbosch do not miss this hotel it is a real gem.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Very friendly service and great dinner recommendations. We only stayed one night, but enjoyed our time. There is a nice infinity style pool with a great view on the region as well as a nice little inside garden. Rooms were small and without a view, but very clean. Breakfast was great. I'd definitely come back next time I'm in the area

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

An absolutely wonderful an charming guesthouse in one the world's most beautiful places. Make sure to get one the "better" rooms with a view towards the mountains (near the pool). Ask Corneille (sorry if your name ist spelt wrongly) for tips about the best vineyards and restaurants around the guesthouse after her amazing breakfast. There is simply no other place to stay in Stellenbosch.

Room Tip: Make sure to get one of the rooms to the front near the pool!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We an excellent view from the room in front of the pool. The rooms were comfortable and the house is beautiful. Breakfast was enjoyable and we had something different everyday. We also liked the fact that there were a variety of drinks in the pantry where we could get anytime. On the whole, very good value for the cost.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Sugarbird Manor is quiet, peaceful, and amazingly beautiful! I like the views, and I also felt so good when I opened the window, I saw a green hill, and amazing vineyards everywhere, and I heard all kinds of birds' singing, .... Everything is like a dream, staying there, had made my time in SA so unforgetable!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Aileen L
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Sugarbird is a nice hotel to stay. I like especially its beautiful views, the quietness, and the personnel is very friendly, attentive and helpful. I hope next time I spent my vacation there with my family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Me and my husband were at sugarbird manor for the weekend. We had the time of our lives. It is a beautiful house, And the surroundings are so beautiful. We had no problems there. We were treated like kings. I would defnitely go spend a night there again, and would recommend anyone to go to sugarbird manor for a get away from the city life.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Stellenbosch hotels
Spier Hotel
#3 of 17 in Stellenbosch
Banhoek Lodge
Banhoek Lodge
#1 of 113 in Stellenbosch

Been to Sugarbird Manor? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sugarbird Manor

Address: Devon Valley Road | Protea Heights Farm, Stellenbosch 7600, South Africa
Location: South Africa > Western Cape > Stellenbosch
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #19 of 113 B&Bs / Inns in Stellenbosch
Price Range: $141 - $238 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Sugarbird Manor 4*
In the picturesque Devon Valley, Sugarbird Manor is set on a tranquil 21-hectare vineyard and flower farm. With expansive views across vineyards and valleys, this beautiful farm is the perfect base to relax in total peace and quiet. Stylish guest rooms renovated in June 2016 include elegant and contemporary touches. Air-conditioning, ceiling fan, satellite TV, WiFi, safe and tea/coffee tray. Delicious breakfast included. We also have 4 newly refurbished one bedroom cottages available. They have a kitchenette but breakfast at the main house is included. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Sugarbird Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.