“Most Enjoyalble Golf in the Winelands”
Review of De Zalze Golf Club

De Zalze Golf Club
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Close to Stellenbosch you will find the beautiful Estate of De Zalze. The golf course has been there before the houses and "in the old days" it was a great duo of combining golf with food and wine tasting at Kleine Zalze Winery next door. Since then the golf course has been extended and houses added. The whole experience is very pleasing, the golf course is in excellent condition, good club house and restaurant. Excellent views from the golf course. Wine tasting still there, you will be playing some holes next to the Kleine Zalze Winery. Enjoy!

1  Thank AlbaPaarl
Dave H, General Manager at De Zalze Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for your complimentary review and for supporting DZGC over the years. We still believe that we offer a world class and unique 'winelands golf' experience with our partnersat Kleine Zalze and Terrior as well as our wine ambassador partners. DZ has always focussed on both the golf course experience as well as the food and beverage experience and we will continue doing so. We look forward to hosting you again soon, many thanks :)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had a delightful family meal on Wednesday night, which is burger night at the De Zalze Golf Club. Beautiful views over the golf course and estate. Great service from very friendly staff and prices very reasonable.

1  Thank Debbie D
Dave H, General Manager at De Zalze Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Many thanks for joining us on our Wednesday Burger Bash at DZGC, so glad you enjoyed it :) I will ensure that our staff receive your kind compliments. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Who wouldnt want to play this course..... stunning scenery and well kept grounds... Ground staff work so hard and the conditions are simply the best

2  Thank Oscardog1234

Thank you for your complimentary review. I will pass on your kind comments to the whole team whom I am sure will be thrilled and motivated. We look forward to your next visit. Many thanks, Dave

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautifully laid out and stunning mountain backdrops plus winding through working vineyards make this a must play My son is a professional golfer and he loved the course as the game from the back is a challenge even to the best players with a lot of "risk - reward" holes and nothing "gimmicky" or tricked up I play off the senior tees and had great fun as well For a double whammy, as in summer it gets hot out there so play early, skip the clubhouse and take lunch at Terroir afterwards the amazing restaurant and wine tasting spot on the same estate. Very memorable day !

2  Thank Michael F
Dave H, General Manager at De Zalze Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thanks for visiting us and for your positive review. We are so pleased that both you and your son experienced our challenging track and we know that off the championship tees it is a really good challenge, equally so off the senior tees. I will pass on your compliments to the Terrior team and we certainly look forward to your next return. Kindest regards, Dave :)

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Over on holiday from the UK where I have played many rounds of golf on some exclusive courses. Having also played the likes of Steenberg and Arrabella I have experienced some stunning courses in and around Cape Town. I have to say this is my new favourite golf course. The quality and condition of the courses was fantastic with excellent greens and many visually stunning holes. But more than this the general attitude and behaviour of the staff was outstanding. From arriving with a cart to collect your clubs as you park your car to the welcome received and "nothing is too much trouble" behaviour delivered with a smile by everybody in and around the course and club house I was simply blown away. What an experience. I know many people who travel to Cape Town from the UK and Europe and will be recommending the experience and course as a must to all I talk to and will definitely be back when I next come to Cape Town. Thank you de Zalze for showing how it should and can be done.

2  Thank DDreviews_13
Dave H, General Manager at De Zalze Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Our sincerest thanks for your 'superb' review on De Zalze GC. Our whole staff team take the reviews we receive extremely seriously and being able to share your positive review and kind comments on both the facilities and the service is a great motivator to keep on raising the bar in all areas of the golf club experience. 2013 has been given an extra boost thanks to your visit and the effort you have taken to review our club. Many thanks, Dave