“Very good winter package, and the winetasting is a "must do"”
Review of De Zalze Lodge

De Zalze Lodge
Oslo, Norway
“Very good winter package, and the winetasting is a "must do"”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a winter package with one night accomodation in a one bedroom luxury suite inkl breakfast and one round of golf and winetasting included. When we arrived we were informed that there was a balanse of R400 to be paid, but presenting a print of the e-mail that confirmed that everything was paid in full the issue was quickly brought to rest. An appolegy rather than a "OK" would have been appropriate ,but apart from that the general service was nice and friendly. The luxury suite was spacious and nice and had good kitchen facalities for those who would like that. The shower was quite "weak" and this was reported to receptionist who promised to look into it. The winetasting is highly recomended and Wayne did an excellent job in teaching us about wines and it was very informative. All in all an excellent deal and recomended both in winter and in summer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2013

What a wonderful 2 days in Kleine Zalze! Us 3 American girls were here to experience the wine region of South Africa. We were amazed by our two bedroom suite, including full kitchen, 2 1/2 baths and living room complete with fire place. The front desk was able to arrange a wine tour for us with Afri-Vista, another well run outfit with tour guide Neil. The views from our balcony overlooking the golf course, complimentary wines, amazing breakfast and overall hospitality was superb. Our trip would not be complete without the complimentary wine tasting- and a couple of bottles for the road. Overall, the hotel is amazing and the price was affordable. I will return next time I am in Cape Town.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Garffy
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I can't even start describing the most amazing wedding i had at Kleine Zalze. The staff made sure that this would be a day to remember. The food, wine,staff and venue was stunning 10/10. I will recommend this venue not only for weddings but also for their wine tastings as the wines are just to die for. The room we got to get done and stay in had the view of the mountains and suited all my needs. Thank you again Kliene Zalze for making my dream day magical.

Room Tip: I found the rooms on the upper level looking over the golf, pool and mountains breath taking.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We came to the Kleine Zalze at Strand Road, Stellenbosch, after having made a tour of several vineyard where we had the opportunity of tasting some exquisite wines - my favourite being the south African Pinotage. This lodge is situated overlooking the golf course. The rooms are named after different wines - ours was Chardonnay. For water in the rooms, we were complimented with bottles of their wine. The rooms are indeed luxurious - a large drawing room with a kitchenette with large balconies where you could sit to see the golfers at play and a equally large bedroom with a king sized bed. The lodge has a small pool, but since most pools are unattended to they are not really deep with a maximum depth of 1.5 metres. This is an ideal place for a walk, Early in the morning, I walked the golf course and it was wonderful to see the well manicured greens. Breakfast at the Lodge is Spartan, although there was a sign that read, that the secret to the start of a good day is a hearty breakfast. Some of our group did complain of their air-conditioners not working, but these problems were attended to by the staff that are available round the clock. For those intending a long stay, Kleine Zalze is an ideal place to indulge in

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the golf course - you can sit out and watch golfers play
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Buonas, Schweiz
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at Kleine Zalze Lodge for one week in March. Perfect place if you play golf as you are in the middle of a secured golf estate. Advantage also to have one of the best restaurants on the premesis. Other than that - very poor. The rooms are run down and need renovation (especially they should replace the carpets in the bedroom). The staff at the reception was helpful but not very well educated. Breakfast quality changes every day from pretty good to very poor and for the capuccino or espresso you have to pay extra.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TuYBuonas_Schweiz
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The lodge itself is absolutely stunning, not to mention the scenery. That is why my husband and I fell inlove with it and decided to have our wedding there. I work in the hotel industry and I must say their level of service is really bad. The event co-ordinators at the lodge never followed up with us. We always had to call them to get an answer. Sometimes they would only answer days and days later. Forget about making an appointment with them, they are never available. The service on our wedding day was the worst. I was promised that my room would be ready at 12:00. When I got there it was only going to be ready at 13:00. They didn't even offer to make a plan for me in the meantime. As a result, I was so late. The staff had such a "don't-care-nose-in-the-air-attitude" the entire day. They got so upset with my husband because he wanted to change the floorplan on the day. We had to, the original plan wasn't working!! They were so rude to him. Later on in the evening, when we thought all the bad service was over, they refused to feed my band, photographer and videographer even though we paid for them! All they could say was ''Oh no, I didn't know". I did not enjoy my wedding day at all; it was supposed to be such a special day. I look back at it now and all I can think of is the bad service we received. I would not recommend anyone to have their wedding at Kleine Zalze.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Honey O
Sao Jose dos Campos
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Beautiful location, very nice rooms, nice decoration, fully equipped. The lodge is very charming, clean and great prices. We highly recommend this place, and definitely would come back anytime. The winery had good price and nice selection.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family