“Great Food & Fine wine.”
Review of Morgenhof Estate

Morgenhof Estate
Ranked #59 of 146 things to do in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The illustrious Morgenhof Wine Estate is situated on the slopes of the Simonsberg Mountains outside of Stellenbosch, and about 30 minutes drive from Cape Town. This area is renowned for the high quality of its grapes and the distinctive terroir is reflected in the character of its exceptional wines. Owned by Anne Cointreau, Morgenhof Wine Estate dates back to 1692, and consists of 213 hectares of which 78 are under vines, producing approximately 35000 cases of wine a year. This magnificent Wine Farm, including a Wedding and Conference venue offers that old world charm one expects when visiting an historic estate. Our award winning wines combined with a variety of eateries make for an unforgettable day out.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had no idea what to expect when we visited this lovely vineyard. We ate a lovely lunch. They do fortified wine here too and what a way to finish lunch with a cheese board and a great port. The food here is so fresh and in season. Its a dream. Using the Euro you really get value for your money compared to Europe.
This is the place that makes me think Paarl, Stellenbosch & Franshook are in the garden of Eden

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We visited this stunningly beautiful wine estate as our last stop on our 'Wine Flies' excursion out of Cape Town. The wines here were the best we tasted & I bought a mixed case of delicious whites.
They play music to the vines to help them grow, which may seem a bit quirky, but you can't knock the vino!!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

After a couple of very pleasant previous visits once for lunch and a return for their picnic we made a third trip a couple of weeks ago - what a big mistake. Service was really poor and the staff totally disinterested. When I spoke to the person in charge she gave the impression that she wasn't particularly worried either and so I'm afraid with all the other lovely wine estates here in the Cape we will most certainly not be returning to Morgenhoff which is a pity because the venue is so pretty, but everyone working there now just seems to have no interest.

2  Thank fullydepreciated055
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was very interested in Morgenhof as a wedding venue and really wanted to find out more about the venue as it is really beautiful. Unfortunately, the service i received was less than adequate. The wedding coordinator has not gotten back to me in over 2 weeks and the restaurant manager who showed me around the venue was rather rude and unhelpful. I was very interested in having my wedding here but after this experience, I wouldn't recommend it

1  Thank Nikki S
Reviewed September 16, 2013

first enjoyed an excellant lunch, the oxtail and steak was excellant. best ever oxtail.

the wine tasting was managed by Herschel and this was the best wine tasting experience we had. what was supposed to be 30 minutes ended up two and half hours with my wife and I very happy. the previous weekend, we went to another wine tasting which was so impersonal and structured, you will notice that i have not written a review about them. Herschel went the extra mile and hour and time did not matter to him. the under ground cellar was interesting with all the Morgenhof wines being oak barrel matured. i am a beer drinker wanting to convert to wine and this wine tasting and great wine has been a turning point in my career to start drinking wine. The Morgenhof Cabernet Sauvignon, Cardonnay and Bubbly was very easy drinking and enjoyable.