“Gourmet Tapas + Wine Tasting + Cellar Tour”

Warwick Wine Estate
Book In Advance
More Info
$23.28*
and up
Vine Hopper: Hop-On Hop-Off Wine Tour - Northern Route
Ranked #4 of 140 things to do in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: The #1 winery on Trip Advisor in the Stellenbosch region for almost 3 years. Warwick has become known as one of the most welcoming destinations with a truly authentic experience & friendly ambience. Open 365 days a year, join us for our famed 'Gourmet Picnic', delicious 'Vineyard Tapas' and a tutored wine tasting. Bring your friends & family for a 'BIG 5 WINE SAFARI' or just laze around on our magnificent lawns under the trees. This kid-friendly historic property will wow you.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gourmet Tapas + Wine Tasting + Cellar Tour”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

What an awesome experience! We loved the stories about the farm, how some of the wines got their names and the story behind the "wedding cup". We tried to drink wine from the cup, No Spills :) The tapas were to die for, and it paired well with Prof Black Sauvignon Blanc, the wooded chardonay and The Trilogy. Ended off with the choc truffles for dessert, and bought some to take home. It was a perfect sunny day in winter and the view from the stoep was beautiful. Will be back soon!

3 Thank NeilBasson

• Czech first
knysna
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The ultimate picnic spot”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Book a 'pod' at Warwick for a picnic and you won't be disappointed. Beautiful setting beside a dam, it os one of the nicest things to do on a sunny afternoon! Fabulous picnic of various tapas in lovely glass jars, and their wines are superb. You need to book well ahead however, but going is a Must!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank shamemily
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fantastic wine with knowledgeable tasting staff and tasty tapas.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had lunch with cellar tour and wine tasting. Tapas was very tasty, highlight was the trio of soup. Margaret hosted a very professional wine tasting and we also enjoyed the cellar tour. This will become a regular stop on weekends esp. when we have visitors. Highly recommend.

2 Thank ShaunN_SG
australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“some lovely wines”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My friend and I enjoyed an hour or two in this winery tasting some of their reds, including the local pinotage. Lovely setting, enjoyed the wine (especially "Three Cape Ladies").

Visited July 2012
1 Thank homegal
Cape Town
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Staff not interested, we were in their way...”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I visited with 2 guests, today. The welcome was poor. The noise from the staff in the serving area made the visit uncomfortable. We were the only guests but the service was slow. I know there are interesting stories about the estate but none were offered. It seemed that we were a hassle in the day, to the staff. I tried to tease out some input from the staff member, Margaret, but nothing was forthcoming. She was nice enough but bland and uninteresting. My guests both said that we should have gone elsewhere. One ply toilet paper in the bathroom and a food menu displayed on the back of the door of the toilet. I took the guests over to show the pictures on the wall to tell the family story of 2 generations. None of the staff came over to talk to us though we showed interest. Had to move a sales clothing rail in front of the pics to do so. No one said good bye as we left. Seems they have lost the plot of service. A year ago there was a man who engaged my guests in a memorable way. I will never forget the wedding cup experience he gave us then. What a pity that they seem not to care about visitors now.

Visited August 2012
mikeratCapeTown, Owner at Warwick Wine Estate, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Margi,

I was horrified to hear your comments about your recent visit to Warwick. As you say, this is not your first visit and you know the pride that we take in our service. This is clearly not acceptable and I will be personally dealing with it in the morning. Our management team reiterate every Monday morning how proud we are of our attention to detail and this is embarrassing for us. I apologise and ensure you that this will be taken care of.
I hope that you will accept this and that you will venture back to visit us again - this is not the norm.
Kind wishes,