“World class quality in everything they do”

Delaire Graff Estate
$146.88*
Guided Wine Lands Day Tour from Cape Town
Ranked #13 of 146 things to do in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled between majestic mountains and overlooking the vineyards of Stellenbosch, Delaire Graff Estate is South Africa's most desirable art, hospitality and wine destination. A magnificent Cape Winelands property, it boasts two outstanding restaurants, a state-of-the-art winery, exclusive lodges, a destination spa and luxury boutiques. Striking Cape Dutch architecture meets African artefacts and styling, with original artworks from Laurence Graff's personal collection on display throughout, representing some of South Africa's finest contemporary artists.
Reviewed September 12, 2012

There are some establishments that you visit and you get the feeling they either try too hard, dont try hard enough or are a bit tired etc.. I could not fault this winery. They are doing EVERYTHING right and no investment appears to be too great for them. Even the flowers and trees along the driveway are stunning and the Proteas in flower in front of the tasting lodge car park made it for me. I imagine people will fly from arround the world purely to visit this estate because certainly it was the finest one that I found. The wines are fabulous, the Indochine restaurant was sublime and I could not praise the staff more highly. I just wish I had realised they had a spa and lodges where one could stay as well before I had got there... but then again, I now have an excuse to go back once I have consumed all of the wine.

1  Thank David M

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'm not one who easily distributes such accolades, but this venue deserves every one of them.
The view was handed to them by nature, and they emphasized it wherever possible, creating the most stunning gardens with Keith Kirsten's help. The architecture blends in with nature and the art collection displayed is truly outstanding. It is a pleasure to show this master piece to our visitors and we're happy that the Graaff family made this their contribution to SA. I just wish that their wines could also measure up to the surroundings.

2  Thank Horst B
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Location, location, location - superb views, incredible decor and situation. Food and service first class, winelist good , but on pricey side.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have to agree with RonnieStellenbosch. We visited Delaire Graff Estate on Saturday (18 August) and what a let down it was!! Having read so many wonderful things about the estate it was a truly a disappointment. On arrival we told to please move to the wine bar, which couldn’t fit a mouse. We returned just to be given a mocking stare by reception. Really?!?! Perhaps we should have booked but there is no excuse for such rudeness. I suppose I had a Pretty Woman expereience!! Having just had a superb lunch at Tokara (just down the road), visiting Delaire left me disgusted to say the least. The Estate is however very beautiful.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I organised a group of French students from Sciences Po to go to Delaire for wine tasting. When we arrived there we were asked to walk through the bushes to get to the wine bar because there was another function on at the main restaurant and we were not allowed to be seen by those guests!!! Absurd. We book a wine bar for us in advance and then treat us as 2nd rated citizens!!?? This happened in January 2011 and I have never been back there.

2  Thank RonnieStellenbosch