“Enjoyable Cultural Adventure!”

House of Curries at The Terrace
Somerset West, South Africa
“Enjoyable Cultural Adventure!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Had such a nice adventure at House of Curries last night! The succulent lamb samoosa was my highlight! Curry main meal with roti was VERY tasty and not too spicy. Blessed with an incredibly friendly and efficient waiter who added to our pleasant experience - thank you for a wonderful night out!

• Visited July 2014

Wellington, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We bought a Groupon voucher for 4 and had dinner on Friday night. It was the worst dinner we ever had. Our samosas where still frozen on the inside!!! The service was so poor that by the time the waitress got back to our table the samosa was already thawed. The wine selection was just as bad. Mains were very bland. They might as well just close their doors,i would be too ashamed to call it my restaurant if i was the owner. It was the first time in a very very long time that we did not leave the waitress a tip,but no tip was deserved.

• Visited June 2014
“Horrible!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Ordered samoosas for starters. They were heated straight from the microwave. Mine was ice cold below, warmish on top. Tasted like cardboard with a hint of something. Ordered lamb dramas for mains- horrible. Why bother to go through the hassle of having a restaurant and then making sure it sucks this bad? The mind boggles. Steer clear.

Visited June 2014
“Won't ever return”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was the worst experience in a restaurant I have had in a long time. They had no wine in stock yet they bring you a wine list (and they are in Stellenbosch), I eventually resorted to beer and ordered a lite beer for which they brought me a regular beer (and it was warm).
The food was mixed up when I ordered a chicken dish and it came with lamb and my partner ordered a lamb dish and hers came with chicken, we couldn't get poppadoms because they were out of stock but a table that arrived and ordered after us got poppadoms. The dessert was so awful I couldn't finish it, it was nuked in the microwave and tasted like a desert you buy from checkers and stick in the microwave. Not worth the trip or the money and I couldn't wait to get out of there. I also found the waiters to be very inattentive.

• Visited November 2013