“Not what I expected”

Mont Marie Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 265 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the lap of casual luxury, Mont Marie offers a unique food, wine and family experience in a spectacular country setting in the heart of the Blaauwklippen Valley. Using only the freshest ingredients, Chef Pieter Vlok adds authentic flavours to a variety of mouth-watering dishes, full of South African personality.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went to Mont Marie after friend recommended it to us. Our meal was ok. The tablecloth had stains and marks on. Maybe we expected too much?

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I had some friends from Holland here, and I took them for lunch. We were really surprised by the place, the excellent service and great food ! We had the "fish and chips" and deserts - from service to food to view - no mistakes - will definitely go back there

4  Thank Naude77
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Me and my fiance felt like a random romantic night out on the spur of the moment with out putting too much thought into it. We looked a round a couple of places and ended up at Mont Marie. The decor is cozy with a touch of five star hotel. We were warmly welcomed by the door and lead to our table by the fire place which is perfect for winter. We ordered a 3 course meal at R270 each, a good deal considering what the menu had to offer. After ordering Chef Pieter Vlok came to our table and we had a friendly and pleasant chat. When our food arrived we where informed that chef would like to treat us for a special 5course tasting menu. The food was beautifully presented, bursting with flavour and after each dish we could not wait for the next. After all the dishes where served we where treated to great coffee and left the restuarant ridiculously happy and just a little bit more in love with each other and the stellenbosch wine lands.

2  Thank Michiel v
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We celebrated our anniversary here on Saturday night. What a find! We were given a free glass of bubbly because they heard we were celebrating. Also a sample of the leek and onion soup which was delicious. We ordered the pork belly which was superb. Sadly we had no space for pudding. The service was excellent and the atmosphere warm and friendly. The prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food. I highly recommend this place.

3  Thank civharas
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My vist visit to this beautifully situated modern restaurant was outside and we admired the pretty pond and magnificent mountains. I was diappointed with the duck which was unexciting and dry. However, today on our visit we saw the autumn colours on the farm and we were welcomed in the restaurant by a crackling fire. I was in a larger group this time and we enjoyed various items on the menu including a delicious pot belly pork and the best marrow bone steak sauce my friend has ever eaten.
I also enjoyed the art works on display and the clean moddern atmosphere of the restaurant.
My only criticism is that the waiter served and charged for bottled water without asking us if we would like bottled and not tap water.

1  Thank cellist2014