“Daughter at Varsity”

and up
Guided Bike Tour of Stellenbosch
Ranked #32 of 146 things to do in Stellenbosch
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Dropped our daughter off at University, starting her BEd degree. Staff and Parent program good. Overall view of facilities good. Opening ceremony very well attended and meaningful.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have passed through this town many times on my way to and from the Cape. On most occasions I have been blessed with lovely weather and it is a real pleasure to drive through the university precincts. This is an Afrikaans speaking University so English is the second language.

I am friends with an art lecturer who being the wrong colour, white, was relegated from professorship to freelance teaching but that is all about affirmative action and political trends which I don't want to go into here. I did visit some of the halls and they are universally friendly and the students are open and broadminded. For culture this is probably one of the best universities in South Africa.

The population of university compared with that of that town is very large but it seems to work and gives a feeling of being very clean and tidy and self-respecting. If anyone is going there take time to talk to the students. in addition to being on campus they will be in virtually any restaurant and bar. It's all part of getting to know an area.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have 2 students studying at Stellenbosch University over the last 5 years so we get to spend a fair amount of time in and around Stellenbosch. We love it there - such beautiful architecture and steeped in history. We love meeting the students for lunch and mingling with them. It's so wonderful that the students can walk around the town and get to lectures on foot. We are privileged to be able to send our children here. If you get a chance to visit the University it's well worth the visit - there are lovely places to eat in town and loads of hotels and b & b's if you are lucky enough to stay the night.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Best 10 YEARS of my life, 2 degrees, 1 masters and one Diploma later and I wish I could stay on for another 10!!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The old buildings are so beautiful. The Theology building was painted since we last visited. The inside of the building is so awesome - cool, high walls and glowing wood stairs and floor planks. unfortunately the building is not open for the public. The grounds are well kept and we love to walk on the grass and watch the small squirrels. Stellenbosch university is stretched out and take the time to walk between the buildings and the tall trees.

1  Thank erna o