“Perfect day out”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Perfect day out”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We watched the set up of this market in the beginning stages and I must admit, I was thinking "No ways is it going to work" Boy was I wrong. They went all out to make a success of it and they succeeded. All or most of the features that makes a market of this kind works was taken into consideration. Families, students, dogs, 40-somethings (like myself :) foodies, wino's, you name it. And with live entertainment to top it all off, a sure recipe for success. Not to mention the scenic surroundings. So you've been working Saturday morning, only got home after 13h00 and have missed all the local markets. Not to worry. They are open until 15h00, the bar until 16h00 and even if you still don't make it, there's always Sunday. There is ample parking space and only once were we unable to find seating, but was offered some soon enough by friendly people willing to share their table. This is a friendly, happy place, in my opinion not for the stuck up hoity toity. A wide variety of food offerings from indulgently greasy and yummy to healthy food such as sushi. Also biltong, cakes, pastries, sweets., burgers, jaffles, Indian delicacies, too much to mention. The wine is good, so is the beer. For the more health conscious, there is freshly made fruit/vegetable juices, etc. The stalls offer jewellery, art, clothing, locally made trinkets, books, leather crafts and more. You need to go see for yourself. I'm not giving away too much...

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sonita L

• Korean first
Cape Town, South Africa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Okay, but only visit once”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this market about 4 times since it opened but we have found that the size of the food area has decreased and that some of the best food stalls are no longer there ( especially the tacos, which were the best I have ever had), the atmosphere is great but you get tired of the same thing week after week, I would not go there more than two times...

Visited November 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Vibe and great food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Have been to Stellenbosch many times to do wine tours but on my last visit from Holland we went to the Root44 market and had a fantastic time. A must do for anyone wanting to experience the best local dishes and drinks while enjoying the South African vibe. Awesome food choices and very reasonably priced. Was a fantastic experience!

Visited September 2013