Oude Werf Hotel
$132
Eendracht Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
$102
$74
The Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
$72
Agoda.com
$1,012
$946
Agoda.com
All reviewsoldest hotelvalet parking islovely hotelchurch streetcentral hotelmodern roomscentre of towndeluxe roomhuge bedsouth africalocation is excellentbars and restaurantsbeautiful townthe vinestayed for nightscentral stellenboschwithin easy walking distance
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great two bedroom family apartment with a full kitchen, lots of space and a fantastic terrace. The location is absolutely perfect on Church Street right next to wonderful restaurants and great shopping. If ever in Stellenbosch again, we will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014
Shayleen V, Manager at Oude Werf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for sharing your exeperience via TripAdvisor.

It is most pleasant to see that you had a memorable stay.

We trust that we will welcome you and your family back to Stellenbosch to enjoy another visit and stay with us at Oude Werf Hotel.

Keep Well!

Shayleen Van Der Roll
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2014

After more than 200 yrs of hospitality the staff at Oude Werf Hotel in Stellenbosch have surely worked out how to make guests feel welcome and comfortable. The beds are large and very comfortable. Our room, although at street level was quiet (most of the time). The common areas are pleasant and furnished with newspapers and interesting books. Staff are very attentive and welcoming. The hotel is close to cafés, bars and a varied range of shops.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank accenton1
Shayleen V, Front Office Manager at Oude Werf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We are so pleased to see that you had a memorable stay at Oude Werf Hotel.

Our staff strive to deliver a warm & welcoming service. Our saying goes "we do everything out of love".

Oude Werf Hotel is most definitely situated within the perfect location, in the heart of the wine-lands and within walking distance of a variety of restaurants, art galleries, shops and so much more.

We have just started our final stages of construction and renovation activities. Our aim is to enhance our product & service offering. The completion date is November 2014.

We truly hope that we will be welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel looks better in the pictures than in reality. The location is good but I was given an oak apartment which I didn't want. It overlooked a busy bar and was right at the back behind the main hotel. It is alarmed and gated which worried me. After refusing the room I was moved to the main building which is better but the room is tired. The bedside table prevent the door to the shabby and small wardrobe from being opened and the furniture isn't attractive. There is a dearth of sockets for charging and my room overlooks the pool. However there are building works taking place outside my room. All in all I dont think the hotel is worth it's rates and wouldn't return. The pool area looks neglected and sunbeds shabby which is a disappointment

Room Tip: I'm in 207. Check you can open the wardrobe and make sure you don't get oak apartment
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ZaraRozLeona
Shayleen V, Manager at Oude Werf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Leona,

We acknowedlge your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We apologies that your stay with us was not that pleasant for you!

Please be assured that your coments relating to your stay has been taken up seriously within the management team.

We strive to provide efficient service and always aim to enhance our offering, your feedback helps us to do so!

We will contact you personally regarding your guest experience.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Oude Werf Hotel is very central to the tourist bureau, amazing shops, wonderful restaurants and just down the block from the hotel is a shop that does excellent wine tasting. The staff bend over backwards to help you and are very friendly.

Room Tip: Whenever I travel to various hotels, I always ask to see the room first
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickey6409
Shayleen V, Manager at Oude Werf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Mickey,

Thank you for your wonderful post regarding your stay at our hotel!

It is so great to see that you had a pleasant time with us.

Yes, Oude Werf Hotel is centrally located within the heart of Stellenbosch.
It is most definitely one of our strongest attributes along with our staff who work extremely hard to deliver efficient service with a smile.

We hope to see you soon in the future.

Keep well!

FRONT OFFICE MANAGER

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was extremely disappointed with the standard of bedroom. We stayed in the Oak Apartments and if I had known how poor they were I wouldn't have booked them. On arrival my car was parked for me, the reception, delightful courtyard, pool area and restaurant lead me in to a false sense of security. The decoration in the restaurant was wonderfully quirky, right up my street.
We were lead to our room which was passed all the beautifully decorated rooms over looking the pool though an iron gate, which we had to call a bell to be let in and out, at all times of the day and night. It was a self contained apartment, smelt of damp and was furnished with tatty furniture. It was clean but I felt I was in the workers accommodation.
I asked at reception why there was such a difference in the room I was allocated and the hotels website pictures, I was just told 'I had booked an Oak apartment'
The level of service from all the staff and the lime milk shakes in the restaurant were faultless but after all this is a hotel I'm reviewing.
Location is excellent just don't stay in an Oak Apartment.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Oak Apartments.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple