We've just returned from a touring holiday of South Africa and this was without doubt the worst hotel we stayed in. I wouldn't describe it as a hotel more a poor quality guest house - dark and dingy with very tired decor.
Our room was tiny with large dark furniture and heavy shutters on the window - it felt like the " dark hole of Calcutta." There was nowhere for me to sit and do my hair and makeup.
There were two tiny pools in the garden one of which I would only describe as disgusting - cloudy and full of debris.
Apparently the hotel was formerly student accommodation which is what it reminded me of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Manor Boutique Hotel and Spa is located in the very heart of historic Stellenbosch. Our unbeatable location is within easy walking distance from everything that the historic oak-lined town has to offer. Housed in two adjacent manor houses and set in a landscaped garden on the banks of the Eerste River, we offer discerning travellers an unforgettable experience in a gloriously romantic environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your River Manor Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Manor Boutique Hotel And Spa
- River Manor Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch