“They got it wrong”
Review of Eight Restaurant

Eight Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 262 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Eight is Spier's farm-to-table eating experience. Like its name, the restaurant is an expression of balance, cycles, harmony, infinity and abundance. The produce used at Eight is either grown on the farm or sourced from nearby farmers. Natural and organic ingredients are preferred and combined to create nourishing, healthy, and delicious food.
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant as part of our hotel combo booking. the setting outside is tranquil and beautiful and the harvest had a good choice.(albeit more salads than anything else). You can then order a steak that is braaied for you and served with the buffet. I asked my waiter if my steak order should be placed in advance in order to have the steak and buffet at the same time. Having done that we were told by our waiter that we could go to the buffet as they were busy with the steak. The steak took 15-20 min after we had chosen our buffet. so obvioulsy we had to finish our buffet first. leaving a steak to eat with no condiments. I asked for medium raw, it was well done. Too well done bordering on tasteless rubber. That explained to me why it took so long after the order! We were left down by an expensive and poor quality lunch. I informed the manager but he had no response. Which was both weird and poor.

1  Thank BV171
There are newer reviews for Eight Restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved the concept and the idea of locally sourced food, felt that the outside area was a little wasted as our request to sit outside was not received well, it was a warm summer day and it was really warm inside, they also had the fire lighting! Overall a good lunch and nice Spier organic wine. Would come back

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I am just appalled by the level of service at your restaurant. More especially from your manager Justine who showed very little interest in customer service. Did not even bother to tell us what was the procedure that you don't get a menu but its a buffet and barbecue outside. His nonchalant attitude is shocking I don't believe he belongs to this establishment! So so dissapointed! After I complained maybe they saw that some blacks value their hard earned rands.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This place can do better. The place look fine and the garden is beautiful. I have heard a lot of Spier, maybe too much. But as a whole, this place is below its standard!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We also experienced the harvest table and everything was really fresh. There was a wide selection of choice, with good quality products. Thoroughly enjoyable!
The cappucino's were good. Fresh juices were tasty, and very FRESH! There were quite a lot of people who were all accommodated for, and the staff were fun and friendly! Great artwork - nice touches. Thank you,