“Best of the Best”

Oppie Dorp Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 252 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relaxed dining, vegetarian/special requirements, seafood, steaks, lamb, duck, venison,pizza, great wines.
Cape Town, South Africa
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had a amazing evening at this charming spot. I must admin, they have the BEST Tuna in town and great wine!! I will be back, thank! what a memorable evening..thumbs up!

• Visited August 2014

“Brilliant. ”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The service was phenomenal, the waitress made an effort to engage with us and made my wife and I feel truly comfortable. The menu was exciting, fine dining and experimental dishes were on offer and they were prepared (mine, an ostrich steak with berry sauce) professionally. No trainee cooks! I have been there since and they are always happy to make a plan to accommodate all times without reservation. A true gem.

1 Thank Jonathan F
Stellenbosch, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a good experience!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

JP at Oppiedorp has made me the best Salmon Teriyaki, the best trout and the best Springbok I've ever had and that is why we always go back for the next best dish he has to offer! We are not trying other places anymore because we've discovered the best!

• Visited June 2014
Cape Town, South Africa
“Would go back”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had kudu and duck for main, and crème brulee and brownie for desert. It was all very good, especially the brownie which was a brownie cross millionaire shortbread, delicious. Portion sizes were just right, not too big. Service was very good, and the prices were fair. We can't fault the service or meal, the only down side was we were next to an extremely loud table. Would like to go back in summer and sit outside on the very pretty and historical Dorp Street. Make a reservation well in advance. We called earlier that day, a Monday, and they could just fit us in as we were only two

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TazMc
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Cozy hideout from the Cape winter with delicatessen and fine drink”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Oppie Dorp restaurant is smallish little restaurant with romantic mood lighting. They are always booked full so 'always' make a reservation. It is not surprise as to why. The food does not disappoint and is on par with the Stellenbosch tourist area's best. They have a good wine selection and some top-shelf spirits especially whiskeys. The desserts are quite special. Actually, the menu variety was especially appealing to me and I had a hard time deciding what to have for my starter and main. I usually know right away what I want. I had a delicious whiskey to end of the evening. The best thing of Oppie Dorp, where they are arguably above the competition is their service. The specialized attention from when you walk in the door, to when the one of the owner explains the menu, to you not having to wait for someone to take your order or check-in with you (without being obtrusive). What is also great is that they train waiters by shadowing on the job. You don't see this often at all in SA.

I would definitely recommend Oppie Dorp as a must visit in Stellies.

• Visited July 2014