“Beautiful Brenaissance”

Ranked #102 of 263 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "The best new place in Stellenbosch to hang out, eat out & chill out."Set in-and-amongst the plum orchards, overlooking the vineyards & the majestic Stellenbosch Mountains, Cafe Blanc de Noir truly is a unique experience! The rustic chic decor & the friendly staff create the perfect atmosphere for happy & relaxed dining. The menu focuses on fresh, simplistic & quality ingredients. Rustic wood-oven pizzas, "family secret" cakes, award winning Brenaissance wines & craft beer are what they specialize in. Pop down after work, for a family outing, a birthday celebration or a cappuccino break while on a cycle through the Valley. Enjoy their delicious Pizza & Wine pairing experience - interactively presented & exclusive to Brenaissance!
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

A lovely restaurant nestled between beautiful Stellenbosch vineyards. The service was excellent and, if you're a pizza lover, this is the place to visit. We'll prepared and very tasty. Not a great variety on the menu but the food was outstanding. The wine is good and gets better as time passed by. The entry level Sauvignon Blanc is good value for money and their
Chardonnay and Shiraz divine n. I'll definitely return to this restaurant.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Not being a pizza lover at all I was afraid to try their square, strange combinations ones. To my surprise I was hooked from the first bite. We ordered the biltong and green fig one. The restaurant is set in a vineyard with a gorgeous mountain view. The calm stream that runs in front of it and the green lawn makes is inviting on any hot day. Being child friendly with a black and white painted play area near the dining area I can recommend this place to families

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We visited the restaurant with friends. The setting was lovely and the pizza's good albeit rather pricey. In my opinion the glass of house wine I ordered was way overpriced as it appeared to be no more than 125ml (R30.00) Unfortunately, our experience was spoilt by the fact that there were two items added to our bill which we did not receive totalling a R105.00. Our bill was split between three couples and the error was only detected once we had left. My husband did contact the restaurant the next day who said we should bring in the bill the next time we visit, which was not a satisfactory outcome. I don't think I will be visiting again! Sorry guys, one error on the bill is acceptable, but two is a no-no.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Upon arrival it was immediately apparent that the venue was very popular with young families. Definitely not the place to go for a calm and relaxing Sunday lunch with our two grown children. They were even more irritated than us by the noisy bunch of kiddies and their unconcerned parents. Menu is limited and a milkshake at R 40 is more expensive than a mojito...not great value for money...service was very good though - under trying
conditions for the staff.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us for it's delicious pizzas and they were delicious, but the experience was not one I would readily repeat.
We met our Italian friend out from Dubai there and the overall experience really tarnished the evening with her.
I had booked, yet our table was not set (I had to get our own serviettes off another table and ask for cutlery). While the restaurant was not very busy, they placed us on the enclosed stoep on a freezing evening.
The wine list was really tiny and the only Savignon Blanc, the only variety of wine I prefer besides mcc, which was available was a 2011, (generally the current year is the order of the day) and when I hesitantly asked to taste this in advance of committing to an entire bottle, I was advised that it would be R10. After complaining, they then allowed me a complimentary tasting. The wine was not good, so I had to 'treat' myself to a pricey bottle of MCC, which was delicious but not quite what I had budgeted on.
The waitress was fairly friendly but the rules of the kitchen etc definitely over ride their pretensiously stated philosophy of simplicity.
Our son enjoyed a yummy Margerita pizza and the 3 of us ordered the cajun chicken, my husband, without the chorizo, since he only eats chicken and seafood. They were beautifully presented with loads of fresh rocket on top...to maybe offset the extremely burny overkill of ceyenne pepper that I suspect they dosed our pizzas with. The chicken itself was not particulary cajun but the generous sprinkling of the hot spice was just too much.
However, we were hungry and devoured them with eyes watering and grateful for our cold drinks and fresh rocket. Besides the extreme heat, they were undeniably delicious.
It is a pretty venue from outside and the jungle gym looked very enticing to our son's adventurous spirit but we were cold, frustrated and did not feel the caring hospitality I look for in a restaurant.

1  Thank Ruth M
Lea S, Marketing Manager at Cafe Blanc De Noir, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Good day Ruth,

Firstly, we apologise for a delayed response, but more so for your experience at Brenaissance Café Blanc de Noir.

Hayley (owner) has been focussing intensely on detailed service attention, menu & restaurant knowledge. This is all in attempt to further better our customer experience.

We are glad that despite the heat, you enjoyed our pizza's. We have developed a "Full House" pizza recently, which is a whole pizza made up of all the pizza options - we hope that this might be used as an opportunity to sample all our options & choose your favourites!

We sincerely hope that you pay Café Blanc de Noir another visit in the Summer season. Let us know & we will be happy to treat you to a complimentary bottle of our new Lady H 2013.

Kind regards,