“Privacy with a great view!”

In the Vine Manor House
Ranked #32 of 112 Stellenbosch B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Privacy with a great view!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Beautiful accomodation, very close to Sommerset West and Stellenbosch. Lovely garden with swimmingpool. Very clean. Friendly manager and staff. Privacy with a great view. We had breakfast on the terras next to the dam, lovely!

Room Tip: Selfcatering rooms with fridge and microwave. Private parking. Good internet connection. Very friend...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed March 9, 2013

"In the Vine Manor House" was a wonderful surprise when we arrived for our 2 week holiday in SA. We stayed 6 nights and found it to have everything and more than we hoped for. Gracious hosts, helpful staff, lush gardens and beautiful views of the Helderburg Mountains. Conveniently located to Capetown Airport, shopping and the winelands. It is a peaceful, restful escape and a lovely setting both inside and out. The rooms are lush and beautifully decorated by Teresa the hostess. We found the Restaurant to be convenient with great food, cheerful staff and lovely views. We were delighted with every aspect of this accommodation and can't wait to return! I highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to this area.

Room Tip: The Cottage was elegant but we enjoyed both rooms where we stayed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My family and I booked a midweek break at the In the Vine Manor House in Jan 2013. We really did not know what to expect as the booking was made online and there were not too many reviews available...Our fears were laid to rest upon entering the Manor. Our hostess was most gracious and accommodating. We were delighted with our spacious and well appointed rooms boasting impressive views. The smiles on my families faces said it all...In the Vine Manor House is clean spacious and tastefully furnished. The gardens, ponds and facilities were delightful. Our hostess, Teresa prepared generous and tasty breakfasts and was most helpful with advice in terms of things to do and places to visit. We loved our stay at the Manor and would definitely return should the opportunity present itself again. A highly recommended accommodation option in Stellenbosch! Regards, Anita M...Ps. Loved the upstairs library and wish we had more time to sample a few more books...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Monday, 4th, February. I returned to London from Cape Town this past week-end. I stayed at In the VIne Manor House between Stellenbosch and Somerset West which is situated at the foot of the Helderberg Mountain. I found the staff extremely friendly and very helpful. It was tranquil and the owner, Teresa, was always present when we required any advice on the numerous international golf courses within ten kilometers of In the Vine. We took frequent walks onto the mountain and enjoyed coming back to a beautiful swimming pool. The sea was only ten minutes from the Manor House. The rooms were exquisitely furnished and we felt at home from the time we arrived till the time we left. For others requiring any of what we experienced, this is a must visit self-catering home. Shayne Whitaker. London, U.K.

Room Tip: All rooms are private with each their own entrance. Great for golf players and walks in the mountain...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It was love at first sight when my fiance and I viewed this venue. It had everything and more to make the ideal setting for our wedding. Accommodation, green lawns, great ambeince, stunning views, Stellenbosch hills and more. We booked our stay at the Manor House for the weekend of our big day. The Friday prior, my bridesmaids and I stayed in the family room and of course my husband and I stayed in the honeymoon suite the night of the wedding. All meals served were stunning and the hosts really gave us five star service, we also had exclusive use of the venue on the day. Our wedding ceremony took place on the lawns adjacent to the Manor House, overlooking the dam, it was amazing. The reception was held on the lawns at the restaurant above. The venue offers perfect surroundings for photos

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Candice B
Cape Town
Reviewed December 14, 2012

They say a change is as good as a holiday. I couldn't take a holiday, so I did the next best thing - I booked myself into the Vine Manor House for a change of scenery (yes, even Capetonians need a change from time to time!). Just 45 minutes from my front door, this country retreat was a world away from the pressures & tedious sameness of my everday life. Beautifully furnished rooms nourished my need for aesthetic pleasure, and early morning jogs through the adjacent strawberry field rejuvenated my spirit. Our hostess's charm and flexibility completed the experience for me. A thoroughly recommendable retreat from the rat race.

Room Tip: Perfect for honeymooners and couples.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
henley
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I spent 5 days at In the Vine combining business with the chance to explore some of the highlights of the region. The In the Vine Manor House is a delightful country lodge with large en-suite rooms each decorated with a tasteful and personal touch by the owners; it also has a delightful private swimming pool in a beautifully maintained garden for guests to enjoy after a day's sightseeing.
The setting, location and views of the Helderberg Mountains, False Bay and Table mountain are spectacular and In the Vine proved to be the perfect base from which to explore the winelands of Stellenbosch & Franschoek, as well as the spectacular coast line of False Bay, Cape Point and even whale watching at Hermanus (where a huge whale and calf were playing off shore while I swam on one of the beaches - just amazing).
I also enjoyed an excellent breakfast and dinner at the In the Vine Restuarant where the staff were very welcoming and the thatched roof venue and mountain views across the lawn made for memorable meals.
Without doubt - go there if you can!

Room Tip: Each room is en-suite and has its own individual character - spacious, airy and wonderfully comforta...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business