In january, we've spent 3 weeks at the Lanzerac Hotel, like we do every year.
The Lanzerac has stolen our hearts. It is situated in a beautiful region, in the middle of vineyards, which ensures a quiet & peaceful surrounding, even so close to the town of Stellenbosch. The historic colonial buildings are decorated with passion & respect for that history, which results in a luxurious splendor.
But what gives the hotel that extra, is the service and kindness the hotel provides for its guests. The hotel staff is so friendly, no effort is spared to accomodate every wish ! Especially the reception desk ladies and their front office manager are an example of professionality - nothing a guest asks is impossible, and everything is done with a smile !
When it comes to the restaurant, amazing !! In our 3 weeks of stay, we've dined almost every night at the Lanzerac, for the simple reason that the food was perfect : always fresh produce, variety, with attention to detail. Michelin-star quality. A flamboyant young chef who has passion for food - and that you could see in évery plate coming out of the kitchen !
In short - as close to perfection as one can get in a hotel !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch