Lovely place, great service and fantastic food. Only disappointment while we were there was the weather...!
I notice a few reviews with shakey service, however, while we were there we received nothing but excellent service. Only stayed the 1 night but wish we stayed longer.
I was not in the best of shapes upon arrival after a pretty rough night with food poisoning in Cape Town. Nevertheless I wanted to try the food and we went for the 3 course meal. We ordered and after receiving the starter I knew there was no way I was going to be able to eat anymore. As a result I asked if I could cancel my order and just order a drink instead while my girlfriend ate her meal. The waiter said no problem at all and promptly cancelled the order. The manager then asked if I was ok and asked if there was anything he could do, he then arranged for a complementary freshly squeezed orange juice with compliments and told me not to worry about the meal cancellation. I have to say the service was first rate and I was fully expecting them to charge me for the main course as they must have made a start on it. Not the case at all and the fresh OJ certainly helped.
Would love to visit again one day to fully experience the food and fine wine. It was in a beautiful location and 1 night was simply not enough. I would have no hesitation in returning back there one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch