Having read the rather mixed reviews,, I was a little apprehensive about our stay at Lanzerac, at the beginning of our holiday to SA.
I needn't have worried!
We were greeted by delightful staff in a beautiful reception, offered drinks, and given a wonderful welcome.
We ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel on two occasions, and both were very good. Our rooms were beautiful, and although in part the grounds looked as if they needed a little attention, we were thrilled with the accommodation.
A driver had been arranged to take us into Capetown, and he really acted as a tour guide, told us his personal history - which was fascinating - and took us to the various parts of Capetown, which was not part of his brief.
As usual, the Spa was trying to sell as much product as possible, but the actual treatments were very good.
Whilst Lanzerac is not a flash 5 star hotel, it is a delightful place, and was a wonderful start to our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch