We stayed here for 3 days at the end of March. The staff is so friendly and notices you whenever you come or go. The lunch on the terrace is a must, weather permitting, but the food at dinner is also gorgeous and delicious. The lamb shank comes without the bone and melts in your mouth and the pork belly is tender, tasty and not fatty at all.
Basil is particularly very articulate and an excellent waiter.
I also enjoyed the spa with my girl friends and we all had a lovely time.
The rooms are so spacious, you will appreciate it.
The swimming pool just outside our room (7) we could not use as it was too cold, but you can use the spa swimming pool when you stay in the hotel. The rooms are outside of the main building.
It was quite expensive at the time of booking compared to other places, but we thoroughly enjoyed it and would not mind going there again, although we are not people of habit.
Just go for lunch or dinner if you don't stay, it is well worth it; an old character traditional estate in a leafy residential side of Stellenbosch and close to many wine farms and town centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch