We stayed for just one night in December 2012 and wished we could have stayed for longer. The Manor is old and creaky and just full of character, breakfast and dinner were served in the Governors lounge, again a grand olde worlde setting, lots of wood and oil paintings, portraits of military looking types. The grounds are gorgeous with a lovely swimming pool, tried the spa too and had a fish pedicure (interesting experience). We stayed in one of the standard rooms, very spacious and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and seemed to be happy in their work. There was an air of slight disorganisation about the place but in a good way, I would definitely come here again and would recommend it. Almost forgot........ we tasted some of the wines, would recommend the reds in particular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch