We have just returned from a 2 night stay here there are much better properties that I would try this place is very tired but when upgraded it will be back on. The rooms are old and musty very clean though I felt as if I was sleeping in someone's attic with a bed that was lumpy and had seen better days. The wine is good and the restaurant was great for lunch but avoid dinner this area has fantastic restaurants at surrounding wineries that should not be missed.
The grounds at this hotel are not kept up u can tell as the grass is all dead the pool lounges were filthy this hotel I would say would be for a budget traveller
Its to bad they should call the four seasons hotel chain to come and resue them!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR RENOVATION Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch