Beautiful old buildings and nice bedrooms, but a few niggles slightly spoilt our stay.
We arrived on at 1.00 pm on a damp Sunday to find that the spa and indoor pool were about to close for the afternoon.The weather on the following day was better so we could use one of the numerous outdoor pools.For dinner we wanted a light meal rather than the full restaurant menu.That was fine except that they would not serve it on the lovely terrace, as they did not want to encourage others to eat there.Eating in the bar would have been fine except that all the tables were reserved, so we ended up eating on the terrace outside our room.However the food was good and the Lanzerac PInotage is the best that we found.
We had to leave at 5.00 am the next morning to catch a flight.Early morning room service breakfast was not good.Even worse was the person on reception who tried to charge us for a trip which we hadn't been on, and refused to accept that they had made a mistake!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch