All reviews techno park deluxe room buffet breakfast main building small kitchenette golf estate conference facilities cape town lounge area bar fridge golf course stunning views enjoyable stay rooms are large short drive ph mountains
Reviewed February 26, 2019

My wife and I have been visiting PH Stellenbosch ever since it was built and we never tire of this unique place. What can I say that I haven't said before. Each visit has been as enjoyable as the one before.

As always we stayed in one of the deluxe rooms which are so comfortable and spacious; the food was great and the staff were outstanding (as always!). They all treated us like royalty and made us feel so welcome.

Special mention must be made of Yolandi in Reservations, Steward, Craig, Bonani, Amy at Reception, Geraldine, Vuvu, Lungy, Ntsoaki, Nosiphelo, Eric and Thozi in the Cultivars restaurant. They, and indeed ALL the staff, are real assets to the hotel.

Needless to say, my wife and I are counting the days to our next visit!

Room tip: Book a deluxe room facing the vineyard. You won't be disappointed!
1  Thank vickyed888
ElzeL4, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Dear Vickey

Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

I have shared it with our team and i can assure you it has put a smile one each of their faces.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 24, 2019

After having a great disappointment with Protea Worcestor Cumberland hotel, we stopped at the Cultivar restaurant in Stellenbosch for dinner. As usual, we had a great time and enjoyed their quality of food. We are never disappointed at this restaurant as the waiters and staff are always very pleasant and accommodating. It will be worth your while to stop here and enjoy their tasty buffet.

Room tip: We only visited the restaurant
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ElzeL4, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2019

Good day JP

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback with regards to your recent visit to our restaurant.

We appreciate your positive feedback and have shared it with the rest of our team.

We look forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed February 17, 2019

I stayed here with my wife in Feb 2019 for the first time, although I had been to Stellenbosch on a couple of previous occasions, I knew about the location of this hotel being on the edge of town but I can see how those who aren't aware of this being put off by it. The rooms are great, suites in most other hotels with a lounge area and a bedroom with a separate bathroom and stand alone shower, all very clean and presentable. The views are spectacular, something you wouldn't get closer to town, and the overall facilities are good. The food options are a tad limited but perfectly acceptable in terms of quality, really good prices so it scores high on the bang for buck scale. The best part of this hotel for us was that there is a vineyard at the end of the street it is on, bonus! The wines we had there were award winning so worth being slightly out of town just for that. I would definitely go back again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ElzeL4, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2019

Good day

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback with regards to your recent stay at our property.

We appreciate you positive feedback and we look forward to welcome you back to the Winelands.

Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

One has to drive quite a way into Techo Park. Unit/ Rooms not in main building. Lots of construction going on in the area currently. We are in Block M, right next to all of it. Construction overlooking pool so not many people used it. Gym not o premises. Main building lovely and neat. Breakfast very good. Staff friendly and efficient. Views over De Zalze pretty. Bed comfortable. Room spacious. If your 'neighbours' come back late it can be quite noisy. Still a good choice but I prefer the 'hotel' feel and not 'resort' feel.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ElzeL4, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Good day Cynthia

We are aware of the construction taking place around us and I apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the future, we would love to allocate you a room overlooking the De Zalze vineyards.

Kindest Regards,
The PH Stellenbosch TEAM

Reviewed January 14, 2019

The hotel is located outside Stellenbosch with a lovely view of the vineyards and mountains. We had a nice room overlooking Thede Zalze Estate.The rooms are comfortable and spacious. It is very difficult to get in and out of the parking. The spaces are very narrow. All in all a good experience.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ElzeL4, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2019

Good day

We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience.

We look forward to welcome you back again.