Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$147
Eendracht Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
$97
$63
Agoda.com
The Beautiful South Guest House(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
$49
$45
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstechno parkoffice parkdeluxe roomsbuffet breakfastsmall kitchenetteattended a conferenceshower headconference facilitiesgolf estatemain buildingbraai areacape townconference venuekleine zalzesurrounding mountainsgolf coursestunning views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel on a previous occasion about four years ago. Nothing much stood out from my first visit. I checked in for my second visit and was amazed with the room allocated to me … the space was a welcoming sight!
My room had a separate lounge area, big bedroom with a second TV set and a sizable bathroom with shower and bath (with enough shelf space!). The room also had a small kitchenette and a DVD player. I was very impressed with the electrical sockets that provided for European and South Africa plugs.
I recommend the Protea Hotel Stellenbosch for business travellers, especially those who need to stay more than one night. The spacious room and separate bedroom make it a cosy option away from home. There is sufficient space and desk (easy set-up – plug in and work) for the computer and the free 100Mb of data is an added bonus. I found the in-room brochure informative. Service in the two on-site restaurants was a bit disappointing, but the quality of food was very good.

Choose a room that looks out over the golf course and mountains.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Sanell B, Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your words of appreciation on the website that you posted after your recent stay at Protea Hotel Stellenbosch. We are delighted to receive your compliments.
It was our pleasure to accommodate you, and your interest and loyalty are truly invaluable to us. Please feel free to contact me personally for any assistance you may require from our side in future. We look forward to welcoming you to Protea Hotel Stellenbosch and to hearing from you again!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had a great time at the hotel, my wife enjoyed the spa several times. Nice quiet location. Easy access from R44, you will need to have or rent a vehicle as there are few amenities near by. The local scenery is great, Farmer's Market nearby and close to numerous vineyards. Great breakfasts and friendly staff. Close to Stellenbosch and nearby shopping and restaurants.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanell B, Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Good day

GUESTS' perceptions of the service they receive whilst staying with Protea Hotels is the only true yardstick we have for measuring whether or not we have met their expectations. I should, therefore, like to thank you for taking the time to post your experiences on Trip Advisor, and to assure you that your comments are being used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our service standards and facilities.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Protea Hotel Stellenbosch and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any further assistance you may require in future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Our coordinator from University of Stellenbosch arranged everything our stay in this hotel Upon arrival at Cape Town, we were welcomed by the hotel staff who brought us to the hotel. They brought us to our units. My room was facing the swimming pool, the opposite side overlooked the vineyard. The room was very clean with a small kitchen provided with a refrigerator and microwave open. Our conference bags were given to us upon registration.

The hotel staff were very kind and hospitable making our stay comfortable. Upon registration, they drove us in a golf car to our respective units.

What I enjoyed most was the buffet breakfast. We have an array of food to choose from. It was both delicious and nutritious. THe conference rooms are clean and comfortable.

We were also able to go to their disco house where we mingle with participants from other conferences being held there.

I highly recommend this hotel for conference, family vacation.

Room Tip: You get units in the second floor since it is bigger with a separate living room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Sanell B, Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Good morning

Thank you for the kind words you posted. This is truly the only way for us to meassure our services and standards we are so proud to offer. I hope to see you soon at our hotel again and please feel free to contact me should you want to come and stay with us again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Did a quick stop at this hotel to view their conference facilities. Fabulous! And a view to die for! Nirene was very helpful, as this was a walk-in site inspection. Seems good staff work here. The interleading rooms could work very well for families. I certainly recommend this hotel for conferencing and in fact for personal leisure time. Beautifully decorated.

Room Tip: The conference facilities are very good. The main conference room has a breathtaking view. However, when choosing guest rooms, the standard room (twin) is a little disappointing. The deluxe rooms which we saw, are fabulous and really worth a look from a personal or business perspective.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Sanell B, Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Good day

Thank you for your words of appreciation on the Trip Advisor site that you posted during your recent visit to Protea Hotel Stellenbosch. We are delighted to receive your compliments and we will certainly congratulate the STAFF you commended for their exemplary service.

Sanell Bergh

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for a week on business with the kids. The interleading rooms are fantastic and a little kitchenette (microwave and fridge) it great for food for the kids. The lounge is comfortable. It should be a 4 star hotel! The staff were all extremely friendly and willing to assist whenever possible. The grounds are clean and well maintained. The jungle gym area is great for kids and we all loved the heated pools. The food was delicious and it was so nice to see friendly helpful staff when it came to room service (normally staff always seem begrudged that they had to walk to your room). I would highly recommend this hotel for all your needs and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Sanell B, Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Good day

Thank you for your kind words you posted on Trip advisor. We are very proud of the service and standards we deliver on a daily basis. We were delighted to receive your commendations about the impressive service offered. Please be assured that I will congratulate our TEAM for doing a great job!