VERY nice location, but NOT a very nice welcome!
Reception staff need to learn how to smile..
Rooms is very nice, beds and bedding is the best!
Bar is very nice. Restaurant is fine.
General Manager is cooooool - thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the Winelands, in one of the most beautiful and heritage conscious towns, Stellenbosch is the second-oldest town in South Africa and affectionately referred to as the "Eikestad." Nestled between two international golf courses, Protea Hotel Stellenbosch offers all guests the best of the Winelands. Accommodation is available in Executive, Deluxe and Standard Twin rooms, where Deluxe and Standard rooms configure to a two-bedroom apartment ideal for families and groups. Executive rooms have the best view in the house and are designed with the executive traveller in mind. Whether it’s the magnificent backdrop of mountain ranges you seek, perhaps just a scenic drive or wine tasting at the many surrounding wine farms, you will never run out of things to see and do. The hotel boasts two restaurants, two swimming pools, braai facilities, wireless internet access and the largest conference venue in Stellenbosch. If that’s not enough, why not gaze at the 270° view of the Helderberg mountain range, Blaauwklippen vineyards and the De Zalze Golf Estate. Whether it’s a family holiday or a team building activity you are looking for, Protea Hotel Stellenbosch is just the venue for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Stellenbosch
- Stellenbosch Protea Hotel