The fact that my wife and I spent our 48th night (yes 48th night!) at PH Stellenbosch says it all! This hotel is simply superb!
Over the years, we have returned time and time again to soak in the tranquility and beauty that Stellenbosch is famous for. The hotel, itself, is the ideal choice for a casual stopover or if you need to re-energise or just want a change from the home environment
Ideally situted on a hill just outside the Stellenbosch CBD, PH Stellenbosch offers guests a panaromic view that is simply indescribable! Yet, supermarkets, restaurants, banks and other amenities that one might need are only a short drive away.
The hospitality and friendliness that one encounters is exceptional, to put it mildly. As on all previous occasions, we were warmly greeted by Bridget and Mignon at the front desk. The way in which they handled us was quite faultless.
It was drizzling on our arrival and we were pleasantly surprised when Bridget came running to us with an umbrella! And her phone call to our room to enquire about us did not go unnoticed!
Bacause we arrived early and our deluxe room was not ready, we were offered an executive suite. What a nice gesture! We were more than happy with the upgrade!
However, it was not only the front desk personnel but also the dining room staff, particularly Eric the chef, the security and housekeeping staff who deserve commendation. Without exception, they were friendly, polite and made us feel so welcome.
Incidentally, the WIFI was working perfectly but we chose, instead, to enjoy our accommodation and the many sights in the vicinity.
My wife celebrates her birthday soon and we plan to mark the occasion by spending our 49th and 50th night at PH Stellenbosch. Needless to say, we can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the Winelands, in one of the most beautiful and heritage conscious towns, Stellenbosch is the second-oldest town in South Africa and affectionately referred to as the "Eikestad." Nestled between two international golf courses, Protea Hotel Stellenbosch offers all guests the best of the Winelands. Accommodation is available in Executive, Deluxe and Standard Twin rooms, where Deluxe and Standard rooms configure to a two-bedroom apartment ideal for families and groups. Executive rooms have the best view in the house and are designed with the executive traveller in mind. Whether it’s the magnificent backdrop of mountain ranges you seek, perhaps just a scenic drive or wine tasting at the many surrounding wine farms, you will never run out of things to see and do. The hotel boasts two restaurants, two swimming pools, braai facilities, wireless internet access and the largest conference venue in Stellenbosch. If that’s not enough, why not gaze at the 270° view of the Helderberg mountain range, Blaauwklippen vineyards and the De Zalze Golf Estate. Whether it’s a family holiday or a team building activity you are looking for, Protea Hotel Stellenbosch is just the venue for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Stellenbosch
- Stellenbosch Protea Hotel