Spier Hotel
$132
Eendracht Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
$102
$74
The Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
$72
$1,012
$946
Agoda.com
2,156 results
All reviewssegway toureagle encounterswine tastingkids clubbird sanctuarycraft marketcape towngas firemain restaurantmain poolrooms are largeconference venueour honeymoongarden routewine estatebeautiful placefantastic stay
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had 4 nights at Spier with friends and family from Australia and South Africa. We were all there for my daughter's wedding at Hidden Valley on the Saturday night.
Spier was perfect. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us in every way. It is graet value. The accommodation was excellent. Breakfasts superb. The grounds are amazing with wonderful oak trees scattered throughout the grounds. We had a sensational wine tasting. We didn't have time to experience all that Spier had to offer.
I'll be very happy to go back. It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have stayed at many hotels in the region, but Spier was not a good experience at all.

We arrived and after some confusion with the porter, we got shown to our room. The room was large and clean but there was a lot of traffic noice from the road (room 120) so would not recommend this room for a relaxing get-away.

We were relaxing in the room when suddenly housekeeping entered without knocking or anything. They thought the room was unoccupied and apparently they were not done prepping the room. I wanted to iron my dress for a wedding we were attending the same night but was told that I could not borrow an iron but housekeeping could iron the dress for me. I sent the dress to ironing and when it came back there was a big stain on it (10 minutes before we had to leave for the weedding). Spier made sure to get it dry-cleaning so that service was good but still this should not happen at a place like Spier.

When we were about the leave the room, a handy man was walking up the stairs because he had been told that the needed to fix a lamp in our room but we had not been notified or requested this and could not see any lamps that needed urgent fixing. It seemed very unorganized to have maintanance done on the rooms while there are guests in them.

The next morning (Sunday) housekeepeking called to give an update on the drycleaning on the dress. This was fine, but they called at 7.30am on a Sunday morning!

Breakfast and cleanness of the room was fine, but the overall experience was very poor especially taking into consideration that it is a large venue that should be well-organized.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 120. Very noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Spier hotel in Stellenbosch is set on a operating wine farm.
The hotel itself is a 4 star hotel set in stunning surroundings with an
Ampitheatre, where they have occasional concerts and shows.
There are a number of lakes and ponds on the property and the hotel will sell you a picnic hamper to enjoy on the grounds.
The food is generally very good, but breakfast is very average.
Generally a very enjoyable visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights at the Spier and really enjoyed our stay. Really friendly & helpful staff (even helped us jump start our car as I left the lights on!), great accommodation. Lovely food in the restaurant and great prices (compared to UK restaurant prices). Waitress Joyce is a credit to hotel. If you are in the area, stay at Spier!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The room was fantastic. The room was MASSIVE and on top of that we had our very own large terrace and a balcony. The breakfast was excellent and the service was good.
We had a picnic breakfast on arrival and then went to Fairview for a cheese and wine lunch. We wanted to break away fro lunch seeing as we would spend the morning and eve in Spier and then again all day there for the Eagles.

However, when I emailed the travel desk before my arrival from my UK email address (I am South African) and asked them for taxi or shuttle costs to and from Fairview I was charged a ridiculous costs of R1040. When I asked why it was this costs i never got a reply back but I received very quick responses when I was enquiring about the booking. As a South African I was very well aware this was a Tourist price! After all, I was staying the night and eating at the famous and amazing Moyo so I planned to spend a lot of time at Spier.

When I arrived I went over to the Travel desk and spoke to a very "charming" man who could only tell me that the reason for the large shuttle costs was because "thats how much it is". Helpful.

I called Fairview who were so helpful and gave me a local taxi number located in Paarl (30 minutes away from Spier) they were amazing! Return trip with an amazing driver who gave my boyfriend (the real tourist) a tour for a return cost of R700. The amazing part is that Spier Shuttle is located at Spier and should be there for guests. The taxi cab came from 30 minutes away and at a saving!!!!

Besides our rude experience at the Travel desk, i would stay at Spier again but this time more than 1 night. The room was unbelievable and venue is unbelievable! Moyo was also amazing and it was great that it was just a 5 minute walk away from our room. Loved it and it was the best part of our trip. So much so that we are already planning to do it again in March (thankfully we kept the cab number). I would have given this review 5* if it wasn't for the tourist rip off attempt at the Travel Desk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple