“The Postcard Cafe comes highly recommended!”
Review of Postcard Cafe

Postcard Cafe
Ranked #22 of 250 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual cafe at Stark-Conde Wines, Stellenbosch
Bloubergstrand, South Africa
“The Postcard Cafe comes highly recommended!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The setting is awesome, the gardens beautiful and the food at the Postcard Cafe is excellent.
We were a group of 12 and everybody was happy with their food. We can recommend this restaurant for any occasion.

• Visited May 2013

Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Enjoyed it a lot”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

had a lovely lunch here, the name comes from the view which is postcard pretty, the food is very good, i had lovely hake, one kid devoured her croisant, my wife's soup was a bit tasteless, the wine of this estate is wonderful, I'll come here again (ok, granted it is 4km from my home)

• Visited May 2013
“Food and view - a perfect fit!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch on the lawn which looked like a golf green in this marvelous valley! As we first sipped Jose Conde's excellent savignon blanc and took in the beautiful landscape, we felt like we were in heaven. Our food was perfectly prepared. The Asian salad with prawns had a light dressing allowing the flavors to come through. My spouse had the springbok which was tender and served with a balance of mashed potatoes and veg. Along with that we sipped the Syrah. It was an excellent pairing. We will return often! You need to reserve a table. You can't find a better place for lunch! Cheers!

Visited May 2013
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Lunch in an Oasis!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Friends asked me for lunch at this remote part of the winelands, and I was glad I made the effort. When I arrived I saw enormous mountains! Then a narrow path led me past some tables and chairs outside a low building, eventually to an oasis of lake and lawn. It was a perfect sunny autumn day for lunch al fresco, and we had a charming hostess who turned to be its owner too. She is German-Japanese (or Japanese-German?) and loves the vines and her Asian inspired menu. My Crispy Fried Prawns on salad greens with creamy lemon dressing was divine. My friends' Asian Chicken salad with rice noodles and soy-sesame sauce was reportedly perfect for the weather. Then the pan-fried hake was so fresh and the batter so airy I thought it was a firmer and more expensive fish. The restaurant is part of the Stark-Conde wine estate, which produces a very mean Sauvignon Blanc. Ideal for a hot autumny lunch. The prices are ridiculously good too. If you want a day out, or been touring the wine estates in the Stellenbosch area, do drop by this little secret and at least taste its wines. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Stavanger, Norway
“Location!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This place has a perfect location close to Jonkershoek Nature Reserve.Especially if you like to view the mountains. The view is much better than the food. I have had lunch here several times.

Visited May 2013