“Good food, good service.”

The Hussar Grill Stellenbosch
Ranked #15 of 262 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the charming town of Stellenbosch, this Hussar Grill opened its doors in . The front entrance boasts a beautiful facade complete with brass lettering and leaded windows, leading onto the traditional-style grill room. The restaurant also offers sheltered table s outdoors on the piazza for al fresco dining in the warmer weather.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We ate here twice, with good results both times. It's a grill, but very good, and cool on a hot day. You will mostly need to book, unless you are willing to eat at unpopular times.

There are newer reviews for The Hussar Grill Stellenbosch

Reviewed February 24, 2014

On 16 Febr 2014 I and my family went to Hussar Grill at Stellembosch. We had an excelente dinner. Everything was so good. I orderer a Fillet Bernaise that was amazing (the meat and the sauce). The Spinach cream was the best I have ever had. My wife orderer a fried chicken breast with Parmesan that was also very good. I truly recomend this place.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

On the 2nd of Feb myself and my fiancé had lunch at the Husser Grill in Greenpoint, I had the spare ribs and I was absolutely blown away by the taste and tenderness of the ribs, I didn't even had to use my hands!!!. We decided to take my fiance's parents out for dinner and booked for 15th of Feb at Husser Grill Stellenbosch. Due to the positive experience we had at Greenpoint Husser Grill not only myself but also my fiancé ordered the spare ribs again...what a disappointment!!! The ribs were small, the meat stuck to the bone, and the artificial sauce overpowered everything! At R144 a plate for 800g ribs the price was on par for an expensive restaurant, unfortunately the the quality was not even close to the mass produced ribs found in supermarkets (rather go to Spur, better quality and half of the price, coincidently, Spur recently bought the Husser Grill franchise). Neither myself nor my fiancé finished our ribs. I challenge the owner/manager to take me up on my offer to go and try the ribs at Husser Grill Greenpoint.... until then, I won't be back or recommend Husser Grill Stellenbosch spare ribs it to anyone!!

1  Thank RijanTA
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

My favourite steakhouse in Stellenbosch but it lacked something.

I ordered my favourite hog ribs but they ran out of stock! The replacement rump steak was not too bad but was a bit overcooked and the sauce didn't meet my expectations.

Maybe it was because it was lunchtime!

They'll see me again.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Thanks guys! You introduced a new wine and we loved your fillet steak which was done to perfection. Skip desert and ask for their Vodka Chocolate martini!!