“Best steaks and views”
Review of Guardian Peak

Guardian Peak
Ranked #15 of 250 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: The Guardian Peak Winery and Restaurant was opened in December 2005, and since then, has been a popular destination for winelands dining.We are open for lunch from Monday to Sunday, and for dinner from Wednesday to Saturday. The focus of the a la carte menu is on serving unpretentious bistro style food with an emphasis on prime-quality steaks.We only serve wines from our greater portfolio, and trust that you find the selection to your satisfaction.We invite you to Guardian Peak, sample our food and wines, and trust that you enjoy the experience that we have to offer.
Haarlem
“Best steaks and views”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Surrounded by the best views Stellenbosch can offer you find this wonderful place if you look for grilled steaks… I can only describe it as perfect!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Marjolein W

Somerset West, South Africa
“A vegan meal for two”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I am sure most chefs cringe when they hear vegans want a meal at their restaurant, but I am very impressed with Guardian Peak. Chef Stefan took the task and made our first meal out together as vegans a delicious one. I have always enjoyed Guardian Peak even before vegan, but now, I am really pleased as at least I know if I have to eat out, I can give a bit of advanced warning and receive a lovely 3 course meal.
Sometimes we ladies dine here just for work time lunch, there is a butternut salad vegan option and also a few sides that they present on a lovely trio platter that I find are more than filling for a quick bite out. The setting of course, nestled amongst the Stellenbosch mountains and vineyards, is a huge plus :)

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank SnowFairySugar
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“No fault found here.”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Six of us from various places in the Cape Peninsula endeavour to link up on a fairly regular basis. Thanks to Trip Advisor I was able to make an informed decision for us to meet here - it was my turn to choose the venue. Apart from the pleasure of meeting up after a 4 month absence we were blown away by the view, the service, the food, and the affordable wine. We lingered over the table for 4 plus hours and left reluctantly.

• Visited June 2014
Western Cape, South Africa
“Top Burgers!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Decor being slightly dated but the spectacular mountain views quickly brought attention back to reason why we went there. 10/10 for what surprisingly turned out to be a flavorful and juicy burger. They were so good my nephew and I immediately proceeded to order another each! For views, good value wine and a Sunday lunch, highly recommend GP.

Visited February 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Beautiful views of the Hidden Valley”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Beautiful views of the hidden valley. We started off with some of their lovely wine we tried both the Malbec and the Pinot Noir both of which were delicious with my favourite out of the two being the Malbec. The waitress served some delicious bread.We had mussels to start which were cooked with white wine, garlic, cream, pine nuts and crispy bacon. They were lovely however didn't need the crispy bacon at all - loved the pine nuts. My partner ate the espetada which we must say was slightly disappointing in that we had expected your traditional espetada drenched in butter and garlic with bay leaf or skewered and presented on a stand with the chips underneath so that they soak up all the goodness but this was not the case. The meat however was cooked perfectly and it was skewered with peppers. I had confit duck leg which was served with broccoli, carrots, crispy potatoes and mushroom and red wine jus. The leg was wonderfully confit and cooked well. The vegetables were a great addition to the dish, potatoes however were not very crispy and the red wine and mushroom jus was more like a red wine reduction with mushrooms as another veg on the plate. For dessert we had crème brulée. Service was friendly and manager was lovely but service was a little slow at stages. Manager please check your linen as I had a beautifully folded napkin with my cutlery but on opening the napkin to put it on my lap it was filthy from the service before (and no not stains it was crusty food) so didn't make use of the napkin and could not point it out as I was being taken for lunch and did not want to embarrass my partner.

• Visited May 2014